The IT Project Manager (PM) III has oversight of all aspects of a project(s) to ensure the project is delivered on time and within the defined scope and budget. Responsibility is inclusive of the most complex and largest scale project planning, execution, testing and delivery. The IT PM III will coordinate efforts of team members, vendors and consultants to deliver projects according to plan and resolve issues to ensure project goals and
requirements are met. The IT PM III is able to perform all of the responsibilities of the IT PM II and functions independently; servicing the largest revenue projects, leading steering committees and traveling to field locations in accordance with project needs. Projects will be assigned based on subject matter expertise; primarily focused on initiatives for external customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and prioritize the project stream, working with internal and external customers to determine project
definition and business requirements.
- Collaborate with project teams to define scope, develop project schedules and gather detailed requirements.
- Collaborate with project sponsors to define project critical success factors and measures.
- Establish project team roles and responsibilities; monitor progress and hold project team accountable for delivery of tasks.
- Develop the project communication plan; communicate regularly with project teams and stakeholders.
- Lead project teams throughout the duration of the projects, including facilitating meetings, adhering to project management methodology, establishing clear tasks and ensuring the project meets or exceeds
defined success criteria.
- Report project status to customers, project team members and leadership on a weekly basis or on other frequency defined by leadership.
- Provide budget analysis, resource allocation and coordination of project activities across functional areas within the organization.
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project tasks are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Throughout the duration of the project, monitor reliability and any internal issues that appear as a result of the project.
- Document and follow-up on meeting minutes, issues and action items. Track and manage the issues log, ensuring weekly updates on all issues.
- Identify and monitor risks, issues and dependencies. Escalate to the appropriate stakeholders with clarity, timeliness and professionalism.
- Respond to escalations, issues and concerns raised by stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Modify project plans, adapt behavior and/or project management methodology in response to new
- Exhibit a positive attitude throughout and upon successful completion of projects; build relationships with IT team members and business partners.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Guide, coach, and mentor other project managers as a primary PM or as a consultant.
- Act as a Program Manager, providing oversight for group(s) of similar projects.
- Assist in defining and educating others on the IT Project Life Cycle.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field, or an
equivalent combination of formal education and the following job-related experience:
- Project Manager Certification or training completion preferred.
- Ten or more years of managing IT or closely related projects.
- Knowledge and application of project management methodologies. Hands-on experience managing project
teams through all phases of the Project Management Life cycle.