Justice Public Safety Business Analyst - Remote
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GCOM Software is changing the way governments work. And we are supporting our clients in a new way. We are reliable, capable and agile. Our fast-paced and energetic culture allows our employees to make an impact. We are proud to do work that matters – and to be viewed as a national player in the government arenas of regulatory and inspection automation, customer engagement and criminal justice systems and the Women Infant and Children (WIC) programs. We also specialize in product development, custom off-the-shelf (COTS) Implementations,
and system integration services, including full application development lifecycle. At GCOM, we are known as being a great place to work and a place to build your career! You will work with awesome technical teams to design and implement solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. You will be encouraged to be creative and given the opportunity to leverage a wide variety of technical tools. Your energy, analytical, technical and business skills will drive real impact in your community. Are you looking to Collaborate, Innovate and Thrive? Come join our growing team doing great work to make lives easier for the constituents of state and local governments.
GCOM is looking for candidates, to fill the role of Product Senior Business Analyst, to join our Justice Public Safety Product Team.
GCOM is looking for a business analyst with a passion for creating innovative solutions and products in the Criminal Justice domain. The ideal candidate is an inquisitive problem solver who thrives in transforming concepts to reality, solving complex problems, and working outside of cookie-cutter environments. The business analyst will play a critical role on the product management team leading efforts to define
system feature enhancements and functions that solve Customer business imperatives.
- Develop a strong understanding of the role of each of the different Justice Public Safety agencies in the criminal justice cycle, the standard set of software solutions utilized by each agency and an awareness of the market leaders for each of the major solutions
- Utilize tools and techniques to deftly extract, understand and document public-sector Customers’ organizational direction, business objectives and goals
- Effectively transform verified Customer business challenges into system functional requirements
- Guide Customer stakeholders in conducting the fit-gap analysis of validated Customer requirements with GCOM Product solution(s)
- Create high-quality project artifacts/documentation using industry-standard tools and techniques.
- Participate in developing and executing test and training plans
- Establish an expert understanding of the national security and interoperability standards such as CJIS Security Policy, FBI EBTS TOU, Justice Global Reference Architecture, NLETS, NCIC Data Handling Standards, Joint Task Force and Section 508/WAG
- Develop system modification impact assessments
- Assist the Product Manager in the development of team, project, and executive status reporting
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with Customer stakeholders
- Leverage the Azure DevOps platform to manage the assets necessary to plan, monitor and validate work products
- BS degree in computer science, information technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a Business Analyst role for the design, development/configuration, implementation and ongoing operation and support of sophisticated information technology solutions
- 5+ years of verifiable experience performing responsibilities similar to the Key Responsibilities working with Criminal Justice Agencies:
- Criminal Justice Agencies include police departments, sheriff departments, criminal courts, district attorneys, county corrections/jails, probation and/or parole departments, and state corrections
- 5+ years’ experience in facilitating design and user story/use case discussions
- 5+ years’ experience using multiple SDLC methodologies, including Agile, Iterative, Waterfall and SCRUM (including hybrids)
- Expert level analysis skills include the ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
- Successful track record transforming broad, vague ideas into tangible, discrete solutions
- Passion for leading by example while mentoring junior team members
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with business clients to establish consensus
- Extensive experience in MSOffice tools, including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel for an average of 25 - 50% over a typical calendar year, pending
- Experience working for a software product and/or solutions services consulting firm working with large public sector agencies
- Proven track record with planning, estimating, and organizing effort for the WBS
- Experience with industry-standard Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)/DevOps toolsets such as Azure DevOps, Atlassian JIRA or equivalent
- Working toward relevant industry certification (e.g., PMI-PBA, CEng, CITP, TOGAF, IIBA, ISEB diploma) is desirable but not essential as part of career progression.
At GCOM, we work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We are committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day. We encourage everyone to reach out to us and join the GCOM family!
If you think you are a good fit for us, we encourage you to apply. Send your resume to
email@example.com or check out our website for all open positions.
GCOM's Technical Headquarters is located in Albany, NY, and its Business Headquarters is located in Columbia, MD. GCOM has office locations around the country, including Kansas City, MO, New York City, and Tallahassee, FL. GCOM LLC is backed by Sagewind Capital, a middle-market private equity firm, and Bagnols Family Offce Investment Partners.
Gcom SoftwareWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, Great benefits, Advanced technology stack
GCOM is led by government innovators who recognized a need in the market for a new way of doing things. During their time both in government service and serving government they were often frustrated by a state and local tech market characterized by fragmented small companies and a few industry behemoths. After years of being forced to choose between the higher risk smaller players and the low risk, high cost of big systems integrators, GCOM's innovative leadership saw an opportunity for change and was determined to provide tech-savvy government leaders a third option. GCOM's Technical Headquarters is located in Albany, NY, and its Business Headquarters is located in Columbia, MD. GCOM has office locations around the country, including Kansas City, MO, New York City, and Tallahassee, FL. GCOM LLC is backed by Sagewind Capital, a middle-market private equity firm, and Bagnols Family Offce Investment Partners.
BusinessView all jobs at Gcom Software