We are seeking a lead for our distribution operations, help up promote and fulfill! Must also function as a Distribution Reefer Truck Driver (Non CDL). You will be responsible for helping to build the business and safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). This Job is part-time, quickly leading to full time with amazing opportunity for growth. As the Team Lead for our distribution services you understand the importance of client interactions and can function in a sales/relationship capacity as well as performing fulfillment duties as a driver.
Cypress is a leading provider of professional, legally compliant transportation services to the Cannabis sector in California. We are passionate about creating a client focused service. We strive for excellence by hiring exceptional performers that can contribute to a fun and inspiring work culture.
This role will begin as part time with fast potential to become full time. You would be working with licensed distributors, cultivators and manufacturers on a regular basis.
The Primary focus will be cultivating business opportunities: fostering relationships with owners, buyers and managers (decision makers), as well as operating our reefer box trucks within the State of California and doing compliant pickup and delivery of cannabis and cannabis products.
- Work from the facility doing outside sales to further build business relationships
- Safely operate and maintain a large refrigerated/freezer box truck
- Load and unload cargo
- Properly track and document activity log
- Report any issues or incidents to dispatch
- Inspect truck before and after trip
- Represent the company as the professional on the ground contact with clients
- Assume responsibility for legally compliant transfer of products between licensed facilities
- Manage routes and time using the electronic tools provided to you
- Handle meticulous cash counting and reporting
- Maintain climate controlled environ for products in transit
- Support collections process as required.
- Outstanding customer service skills and an outgoing attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take pride in delivering quality service
- Solid work ethic and a team player
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions
- Overtime required as necessary
- Load and unload the vehicle, lifting 50+ lbs
- Handle complex weighing and quality assurance checks against regulatory manifests
- Familiarity with ERP and regulatory track-and-trace systems
- Situational awareness surrounding security
- Work with the sales and operations department to build the business
- Create and possess a knowledge of all accounts and provide feedback for improvement and market research to senior staff.
- Manage monthly Travel & Expense(T&E) budgets and submit expenses in a timely manner.
GENERAL JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
- Maintain their knowledge base of laws and regulations governing the industry with the aid of the company and comply at all times.
- Transportation associates will present as professional, polite and helpful at all times to client contacts.
- Meticulous Maintenance and cleanliness of equipment
- Must have worked in the California Cannabis Industry - regulated or otherwise
- Experience with proper Loading/Unloading & Balancing
- Experience with driving and maintaining cold box trucks - this is strongly preferred.
- Must be capable of dealing with challenging clients and demonstrate strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of cannabis supply chain
- Valid driver's license is required, and a DMV check will be performed (Clean Driving Record)
- Must be able to pass a background check if employment is offered -(Cannabis offenses to be considered based on the individual circumstances)
- Must be at least 21years of age
- Must be able to be out of area for extended travel
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Veterans encouraged
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Potential exposure to cannabis byproducts and second-hand smoke.
- Ability to lift boxes that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- The position will require many hours of driving throughout the week.
Work in extreme heat and cold
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer.
****APPLICANTS: We encourage you to also attach a short note telling us why you would be a great fit for this job and our company!
Gaviota Cold Transport
Why Work Here?
Awesome small, experienced cannabis team with LOADS of room for advancement as we expand our operations!
Long Beach, CA