WE'RE LOOKING SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND VOCATIONAL COUNSELOR, AND MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST AT OUR MARYLAND FACILITIES!
This individual must be capable of performing independent, advanced work in the therapeutic care, treatment and rehabilitation of persons within the program, has demonstrated a basic ability to supervise others and deal with clients on a more independent basis. This individual plans and conducts therapeutic activities and counsels therapeutically with clients on an individual and group basis. He/she must demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the full continuum of care. In addition, this person must have a broad understanding of how a therapeutic program operates and how each client moves along in the treatment system. Duties may include, but are not limited to: carrying out tasks in the therapeutic care, treatment and rehabilitation of persons with chemical dependency and/or mental health problems; facilitating and supervising individual and group counseling; working with other social agencies, FAP, SAP and managed care organizations, hospitals, clinics, courts, prisons and gatekeepers in planning to meet the needs of clients and assist them in utilizing these resources; preparing treatment plans, histories, writing letters, making reports and keeping records; encouraging, reassuring and giving needed support; recommending educational and occupational training and/or possibilities for placement; providing assessment and evaluations based on appropriate criteria.
Work is performed in accordance with established regulations, policies and procedures, but employees are expected to exercise significant initiative and independent judgment in discharging duties. Work is reviewed by the Program Director and/or Clinical Supervisor through an evaluation of the completion of assignments through independent and group supervision.
Substance Abuse Counselor:
- Master’s Degree with two (2) year experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years’ experience
- Associates Degree or CAC and five (5) years’ experience
- Certified Addictions Counselor and five (5) years’ experience
- Sobriety: If recovering, two (2) years’ sobriety
Vocational/ After Care Counselor:
- Bachelor’s degree in a generally recognized clinical discipline plus specialized population: and/or full certification as an Addictions Counselor or certification in specialty area, or Master’s Degree in related specialty area.
- Five (5) years of D&A counseling, prevention, or educational experience, which includes at least two years in specialty area.
- Sobriety: If recovering, two (2) year sobriety
Mental Health Therapist:
- A minimum of a Masters degree in Counseling, social work, or other related human services degree. Must possess Maryland state credential: LGPC, LGSW, LCPC, or LCSW-C. Must successfully complete annual training requirements of 25 hours or more per year (depending on individual facility requirements).
- Six (6) months MH or D&A counseling experience
- Sobriety: If recovering. Two (2) year’s sobriety.