- Assists in supervision of client activities, maintains accurate entries in the log book, monitors client movement in sign-outs and passes and writes incident reports; employee is aware of client whereabouts at all times, including breaks and internal activities.
- Attend all mandatory DBH, OAS, DOC, DOH trainings and in-house conferences/seminars as directed by Program Director, HR, or designee.
- Provides a brief overview of the residential program in regard to program rules, procedures, and services; with each new client entering the program.
- Maintains order and ensures compliance with rules and regulations; ensures that clients conduct themselves in an orderly manner when exiting the facility, on agency property or in agency vehicles.
- Monitors clients for signs of medical distress and/or behavioral concerns on an ongoing basis and through routine hourly bed checks, addresses, and documents incidents or unusual occurrences where necessary.
- Provides appropriate support and structure for clients in dealing with their recovery; interacts continually with clients; provides information about such issues as addiction, health, relationships with friends and families, personal hygiene, grooming self-image, etc.
- Escorts clients to smoke breaks, in-house and outside meetings.
- Ensures client wake-up and bedtime, escorts clients to meals, and/or provides meals from kitchen when clients are not available for mealtime.
- Escorts clients and/or ensures client has approved passes within building or outside to hospital or other services when necessary.
- Reviews client’s weekly schedules for appointments, group work and individual sessions; obtains schedule requests from client, gets Director’s approval and posts on board.
Education and Training: High School Diploma or GED. Knowledge of D&A Abuse & Treatment.
Sobriety: If recovering, minimum one (1) year continuous sobriety.
Substitutions: No substitutions for education and training. Successful completion of residential D&A treatment may be substituted for residential services experience (1 month treatment = 1 month service).