Diesel Truck Mechanic Apprentice
- $25 to $30 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
- Per Diem
Diesel Truck Mechanic
Immediate position available for a Diesel Truck Mechanic Apprentice located in Clearwater, Florida. We are looking for someone who is willing to learn and take direction from our lead mechanic. The candidate would gain experience in heavy truck/equipment, hydraulics, air brakes, air conditioning, gas & diesel engines, drive trains and electrical systems.
What we offer:
Gator Transport Group offers Medical, Vison, Dental, $15,000 Life insurance policy upon hire with the option to elect up to $350,000, Long-term Disability, Short-term disability, Accident Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance. Gator Transport Group also pays per diem to qualifying employees, mileage reimbursement, and paid time off. Our Diesel Truck Mechanic will be working on 2017 or newer Kenworth Dump Trucks as well as 2019 or newer Peterbilt 389's.
- MUST have at least 2 years of proven experience in diesel mechanics
- Repair and adjust gas & diesel engines.
- Standard heavy truck to small truck service
- Repair and modify hydraulic systems and their components.
- Repair air brakes
- Repair drive trains, electrical systems, A/C and pneumatics
- Assist in the review of mechanical write-ups on equipment and coordinate repair schedule.
- Able to successfully diagnose troubleshoot and make necessary repairs in a timely manner.
- Complete reports, work orders, order parts and perform other administrative duties as required daily.
- The successful candidate will have the necessary skills and experience to repair and maintain all related systems.
- Operate and maintain the service truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must Provide own tools besides specialty tools like a welder, compressor, etc...
- Current Driver's License with a clean record is required.
- Must be open to some out-of-town traveling.
- Valid CDL a plus.
- OSHA Certification a plus.
- Forklift Certification a plus.
- ASE Certification a plus.
- Must be able to work outside for entire shift in all weather conditions (hot, humid, cold, wet) required.
- Honest, hardworking, reliable, punctual and attitude to get the job done.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use sit, use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will reach with hands; Occasionally will stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and or crawl.
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Regularly will lift up to 10 pounds; Frequently will lift up to 25 pounds; Occasionally will lift up to 50 pounds.
Gator Transport Group is a:
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Homeland Security- E-Verify Company
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Gator Transport GroupClearwater, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.