Web Graphics Developer - REMOTE or HYBRID
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Have you ever been to a zoo, museum, or amusement park and gotten a ticket scanned before entering through a turnstile? If so, you have probably used a Gateway Ticketing System product. Our system is installed in the busiest theme parks, zoos, and museums around the world, as well as at the largest ferry system in the US. A world-leading, established company with a start-up mentality, we support flexible hours, working from home, barbecuing lunches, and the occasional Wii Bowling tournament.
We are looking for a front end web developer who can become a key contributor within our Managed Services Team.
The Web Graphics Developer position is responsible for the accurate and timely design, maintenance, update and management of the organization’s and its customer’s web-based applications.
Education and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or Graphics Communication or related degree
• 1-2 years of experience as a web designer, front end developer with design experience, or similar position
• Familiar with Windows Operating Systems
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products.
· Expertise in the following areas:
• Responsive Website Design
· Basic to intermediate knowledge in the following area:
• Angular JS
• JADE Framework
• CSS Preprocessors (Stylus, Saas, LESS, or similar)
• Version Control
eCommmerce Analytic and Marketing Tools
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of implementing analytic and marketing tools, including, but not limited to:
• Google Analytics
• Facebook Tracking Pixel
• Twitter Tracking Pixel
• Merkel Tracking Pixel
· Knowledge and experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (Firefox, Safari Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, macOS, etc.).
· Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
· Good analytical and logic skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to switch between tasks.
· Accept and utilize administrative direction and consultation.
· Attend to details within a multi-task work environment.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment, organize and establish priorities.
· Working additional hours beyond regularly scheduled hours as requested by management.
· Ability to travel as needed to support the product onsite.
· General experience or knowledge in the transportation, amusement and/or museum industries.
· Operate with a high degree of autonomy.
· Represent the company in interactions with internal and external constituencies in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
· Recognize the needs and concerns of people and maintain constructive working relationships with them.
· Work productively in a team environment, to help meet group goals in an efficient, cooperative process, with minimal supervision.
· Develop and follow good programming practices.
· Assist Program Managers in analyzing and providing time estimates for QEs and change orders.
· Understanding of the necessity to meet stringent deadlines.
• Ability to translate customer provided direction and feedback into deliverables.
• Modify and troubleshoot existing customer web store themes per specifications
• Create and modify web-optimized graphics and images.
• Test web graphics deliverables against multiple browsers and operating systems.
• Estimates new web graphics requests.
• Assist development team with HTML, CSS, and web graphics as required.
• Understand visual design principles, especially color, composition, typography, and information hierarchy.
• Possess great attention to detail.
• Collaborate with team members to improve internal products and processes.
• Actively participate in design and front end development and review process.
• Integrate code changes in different software versions as required.
• Document assigned work, including time spent, code revisions and relevant processes.
• Possess a willingness to learn new skills and process.
• Write simple technical descriptions (release notes) of the features worked on.
• Assist Technical Writers and Trainers with documentation and training.
• Respond to customer inquiries and feedback in a tactful, timely and effective manner.
• Collaborate with Customer Service Team members as subject matter experts to provide the utmost in customer satisfaction.
1. Complete all tasks and handle all situations in accordance with Gateway’s Core Values.
2. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, or participating in professional organizations.
3. Communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner, including voicemail and email.
4. Always promote and uphold the values, mission, and vision of the company.
5. Read, understand, and comply with the Employee Handbook.
6. Promote and adhere to all defined policies, processes, and procedures.
7. Perform other tasks as required by management.
• Ability to hear, see and speak adequately (with or without accommodations) to perform the essential functions of the job
• Ability to perform repetitive movement actions including walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time to adequately perform the essential functions of the job
• Ability to work in inside environmental conditions
Diversity and EEO statement:
As an organization, we strive to maintain an environment and culture where all voices and perspectives are valued, where all team members are seen and heard, where opportunities are available to all who seek them, and where all employees feel they are able to bring their authentic selves to work each day. Diversity, equity and inclusion are an organizational priority, and we are committed to further building and strengthening these programs each year.
Gateway Ticketing Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, family or marital status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
No agencies, please.
We are not sponsoring visas at this time.
For 30+ years we’ve been providing innovative software solutions to some pretty cool industries including amusement parks, museums, attractions, zoos and aquariums. We work with globally recognized destinations as well as lesser-known but locally loved attractions on six continents. We're proud of our company culture and values, value each other and our customers, and work hard to provide the very best services, solutions, and strategy in attractions ticketing!
Gateway Ticketing SystemsWhy Work Here?
Flexible culture; interesting industry (ticketing software for museums, zoos, and theme parks); small but industry leader!
ARE YOU LOOKING TO DO GREAT WORK IN A FUN, COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT? For 30+ years we’ve been providing innovative software solutions to some pretty cool industries including amusement parks, museums, attractions, zoos and aquariums. We work with globally recognized destinations as well as lesser-known but locally loved attractions on six continents. We're proud of our company culture and values, value each other and our customers, and work hard to provide the very best services, solutions, and strategy in attractions ticketing!
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Gateway Ticketing Systems