Senior General Accountant
Gateway Ticketing Systems Gilbertsville, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARE YOU LOOKING TO DO GREAT WORK IN A FUN, ENERGETIC, AND COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT, IN THE EXCITING GLOBAL ATTRACTIONS INDUSTRY?
For 30+ years we’ve been providing innovative software solutions to some pretty cool industries including amusement parks, museums, attractions, and zoos and aquariums. We work with globally recognized destinations as well as lesser-known but locally loved attractions on six continents. We are now seeking an Accountant to join our busy team on site at our headquarters office.
The Accountant position is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of invoices, posting of journal entries and completion of reporting. This hands-on position will take an active role in the generation of month end financial statements and will cross train on the responsibilities of other accounting positions within Gateway Ticketing Systems, Inc. This position is also responsible for making sure employees follow established Gateway policies and procedures as they relate to the Finance department.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and with general ledger for GTS in the USA, GTSC, GTS-UK and PDM. Assist on a current and timely basis with monthly and annual financial closing activities and reports to monitor financial position.
- Assist with preparing and providing financial information for outside accountants (in the U.S. and Canada) as needed and at year-end.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and adjusting entries for various accounts and multiple companies, including payroll entries.
- Assist with physical inventories, and managing proper procedures, changes, and reconciliation. Prepare inventory transfers for the proper movement of items through the system.
- Reconciling multiple balance sheet accounts, including all deferred accounts; fixed asset accounts; and prepaid accounts.
- Process credit applications and check customer references.
- Actively participate in collections of past due balances on customer accounts.
- Processing invoices using proper accounting methods for vouching invoices and matching purchase orders and receipts.
- Processing the credit card bills by matching expense reports to expenditures, and properly coding for entry into the general ledger.
- Processing weekly check-run and positive pay. Verifying accurate aging schedules with vendors.
- Maintaining the W-9 records.
- Assist with issuing invoices, opening orders, and reconciling accounts.
- Complete both monthly and quarterly sales tax filings with states by due dates.
- Review and process accounts payable invoices for the US entity
- Completing Vendor credit applications.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Responsible for maintaining records and invoicing all renewable items.
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Timely and accurately address financial questions or concerns.
- Implement and maintain strong and effective internal controls over accounting.
- Provide accounting support and assistance to complete other responsibilities and special projects as assigned.
- Complete all tasks and handle all situations in accordance with Gateway’s Core Values.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, or participating in professional organizations.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and timely manner, including voicemail and email.
- Always promote and uphold the values, mission, and vision of the company.
- Read, understand, and comply with the Employee Handbook.
- Promote and adhere to all defined policies, processes, and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as required by management.
Core Competencies and Requirements
- Well organized.
- A high level of attention to detail
- Congenial to both internal and external customers, while maintaining a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a high level of integrity.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- General knowledge of GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition standards.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Aptitude for numbers.
- Ability to follow Gateway policy and procedures and influence others to do the same.
- Accurate and timely entry of data into the accounting system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Keeping accurate and thorough records.
- Working additional hours beyond regularly scheduled hours as requested by management.
- Understanding of the necessity to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred; will consider direct experience in lieu of degree
- 4+ years accounting experience, including a working knowledge of General Ledger and month end close process.
- Knowledge of Sage 100, ERP system or other accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Employment with Gateway is employment at will. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For 30+ years we’ve been providing innovative software solutions to some pretty cool industries including amusement parks, museums, attractions, zoos and aquariums. We work with globally recognized destinations as well as lesser-known but locally loved attractions on six continents. We're proud of our company culture and values, value each other and our customers, and work hard to provide the very best services, solutions, and strategy in attractions ticketing!
Gateway Ticketing SystemsWhy Work Here?
Flexible culture; beautiful HQ office; interesting industry (ticketing software for museums, zoos, and theme parks); small company
ARE YOU LOOKING TO DO GREAT WORK IN A FUN, COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENT? For 30+ years we’ve been providing innovative software solutions to some pretty cool industries including amusement parks, museums, attractions, zoos and aquariums. We work with globally recognized destinations as well as lesser-known but locally loved attractions on six continents. We're proud of our company culture and values, value each other and our customers, and work hard to provide the very best services, solutions, and strategy in attractions ticketing!
445 County Line RoadGilbertsville, PA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Gateway Ticketing Systems