We are seeking Horizontal Directional Drill crew members to join our team. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Operates Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of underground conduit
- Insures safety of public and other utilities underground facilities.
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control.
- Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
- Insures all applicable permits and locates are complete and on site.
- Inspects the work that is in progress to insure that the workmanship conforms to specifications.
- Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Level earth to final grade specifications.
- Operates vehicles and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
- Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling and making minor repairs on equipment.
- Leads teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by the supervisor.
Locators Responsibilities Include
- Confirm bore path with install foreman and drill operator, including walking the bore path.
- Perform job site analysis including completion of paperwork.
- Insure there are proper clearances to install the product per standards.
- Record the depth of the tool head as required.
- Insure the drill head is in a good position at the exit pit to connect the product.
- Oversee laborers and/or crew member's work and monitor time usage.
- Evaluate soil conditions to determine the correct product and ration to use.
- Operate "mud" mixing sytems
- Assist in head changes
- Operate pothole machine.
- Valid drivers license. Must be willing to obtain CDL.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process.
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather and work overtime as required.
Gateway Signal Engineering will provide training to the right individuals.