Regional Commercial Leader
Gateway Recruiting, INC. Kingsport, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
Critical to the success of this position is:
- Profound experience in the Animal Nutrition feed additive industry, with a focus on the monogastric sector.
- Strategy and marketing acumen with experience in business building and the implementation of strategies.
- Segmenting, targeting, positioning experience and know-how to the level of being a thought leader and coach for the team.
- Strong strategic sales and thought leadership capabilities combined with deep industry knowledge of additives into monogastric (poultry/swine) gut health and hygiene and preservation.
- Specific experience in selling additives for antibiotic-free diets and/or working for integrators/feed producers in a technical management or marketing management capacity. Additive experience examples include: organic acids, phytogenics, essential oils, mycotoxin binders, prebiotics, probiotics.
- Strong collaboration skills and stakeholder management skills with external customers, brand owners, and other influencers; ability to engage with nutritionist level up to CEO/COO level to drive purchase decisions
Strong coaching capability across the cross-functional team (marketing plans, project funnel management, account planning, territory setup and planning).
- Ability to effectively collaborate with Business, Technology, Sales, and other Marketing personnel will be critical to execute plans and be successful in this position.
- Ability to effectively execute across the entire region.
- Experience with customer relationship management software (e.g., Salesforce), they need to be (or become) very familiar with this CRM system and be able to coach the team.
- Lead strategy and continue the strategy development for the Animal Nutrition business in the REGION, building out the market participation for the Company in the monogastric sector with a focus on preservation & hygiene and gut health, with focus in US and selected LAR countries.
- Manage and coach the team building out market segment strategies (where to play, how to win choices) which roll up into a regional marketing plan. Define, justify, and secure investments required to execute plan.
- Manage and motivate a high performing cross-functional team with the direct sales and marketing group and the broader affiliated team from technology, supply chain, regulatory, product management and communications.
- Lead regional BOM (business operating model) routines, including portfolio management, WWCAR (winning with customers routines) and IBP (integrated business plan) inputs.
- Secure aligned TMP (territory management plans) for account managers with other functions.
- Deliver volume and variable margin targets within P grow region faster than industry average in target segments; penetrate segments and deliver market share growth.
- Build robust account plans with key innovators and deliver relationship matrix to influence purchase decisions; deliver share growth of specialty additives.
- Keep abreast of all industry trends, including new products, applications, and competitive moves; and effectively communicate key learning’s to internal partners.
- Develop and deliver market activation strategies through collaboration with internal partners.
- 30-40% regional travel is expected in this role
The REGIONAL Commercial Leader (NAR/LAR), Animal Nutrition is responsible for leading a regional team of sales and marketing personnel, focused on delivering regional P&L at the volume and variable margin level through execution ownership of business segment strategies at the customer/market interface. The commercial manager is responsible for owning the interface with the customer/market, through his/her team, to develop meaningful relationships to drive new innovation-based growth and to maintain/protect existing business. Also, the REGIONAL Commercial Manager is the senior leader in the region that leads the broader cross-functional team and is accountable for the development of the Animal Nutrition strategy as well as the related execution. The role leads an organization of 5-15 employees directly reporting to him/her including initially 3 marketing professionals. He/she has a span of influence of a functional organization including AD/TS, Regulatory and Marcom professionals. The Commercial Manager will report to the General Manager, Animal Nutrition.
- Financial performance in region (volume, variable margin).
- Market share growth in region (growth vs. industry average).
- New Business from innovation (drive account plans and market activations to deliver new business results).
- SG project passes.
- Long term team capability builds.
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Bachelor degree in scientific field associated with feed additives (i.e. nutritional sciences, biological sciences) preferred, but not required and can be substituted with relevant industry experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Past experience (5+ years) selling/marketing specialty additives in the animal nutrition segment.
- Past experience working with leading regional integrators and animal producers (proven network).
Powered by JazzHR
Gateway Recruiting, INC.
BusinessView all jobs at Gateway Recruiting, INC.