Engineering Technician IV
- Posted: over a month ago
Under general supervision, Level IV engineering technicians will be able to troubleshoot and repair most complex issues with plant-wide automated and manual manufacturing equipment. Level IV technicians will be able to identify inherent equipment issues and create/implement solutions. They will work with Engineers and vendors to integrate new equipment, and assist in the execution of equipment validations (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, and PQ). Level IV technicians will be able to perform preventative, corrective, and breakdown maintenance on all company production equipment.
- Responsible for mechanical and operational troubleshooting.
- Subject matter expert in repairing assembly-related problems.
- Leads the implementation of improvements and innovative methods of resolving problems.
- May be required to work with hazardous materials.
- Subject matter expert in preventative maintenance procedures on all manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain procedures and Records as per company standards.
- Provide management with necessary information and reports.
- Proactively communicate unexpected equipment downtime and delays that will impact production efficiencies
- Train new personnel in procedures/policies in regard to equipment maintenance.
- Generate and update documentation for manufacturing engineering.
- Provide technical support for complex equipment projects as a subject matter expert.
- Leads the implementation of effective improvements to equipment, process, and procedures.
- Assist with equipment validations (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Responsible for execution of technical tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring OEE metrics are maintained month over month.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation, and effectiveness of the Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Basic understanding of federal regulations as well as other regulatory and company requirements.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing, and testing activities
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; building productive internal/external working relationships
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or electrical engineering/technician; or equivalent of five years of experience in a semi-automated manufacturing environment.
- Minimum seven years of experience in maintenance of automated production equipment
- Experience in a work environment that involved direct responsibility for equipment operation.
- Experience with pneumatically operated pick-and-place mechanisms and programming logic for automated manufacturing processes.
- Experience with PLC programming and Vision Inspection systems is an asset.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma methodologies is an asset.
- Experience with SolidWorks, CAD, and JMP software is an asset.
- Experience with the design of experiments is an asset.
Powered by JazzHR
Gateway Recruiting, INC.
AddressSan Diego, CA
EngineeringView all jobs at Gateway Recruiting, INC.