Activities Assistant - Gateway Gardens
Gateway Living Eugene, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Activities Assistant
CAMPUS: Gateway Gardens
SHIFT: Tuesday - Saturday 8 am 4:30 pm
WAGE: $16.00 - 18.00
The Activities Assistant, in coordination with the Activity Director, will create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events to engage residents in a successful activity program. They will speak to residents to get feedback, manage volunteers and resources, and deliver fun, safe, fulfilling events. This position needs an observant, driven, creative, caring, detail-oriented person who possesses excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
To succeed as an Activities Assistant, you should strive to stage entertaining, engaging activities that are age-appropriate and meet the physical, spiritual, intellectual, creative and/or emotional needs of our residents. This position may work at various campuses in Eugene and Springfield.
Education and Experience Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Education or experience with caregiving, recreational activities, event planning, or other related experiences
- At least one year's experience working with persons with Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia or working with Residents with a diagnosis of a mental health condition
- Experience in working in a residential care facility or in a facility serving persons with dementia
- Knowledge of proper assistance with wheelchairs, walkers, canes, gait belts, and participant transfers
- Must have current ODL, or capability to get one within 15 days of hire
- Must be willing to drive the company van or bus
- Must pass a background check
- Must complete RELIAS Activities training within 30 days of hire
- Any certifications or specialized training related to Activities
TourismView all jobs at Gateway Living