GATEWAY FIRST BANK
JOB TITLE: Senior Loan Operations Audit & Reconciliation Specialist
REPORTS TO: Manager, Loan Operations
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Loan Operations / Tulsa, OK
Responsible for general ledger account reconciliation, quality assurance, and audit management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
· Reconciles balance sheet accounts to general ledger and reports on reconciling variances. Conducts follow up to ensure clearance in a timely manner.
· Executes internal and external audit requests by coordinating with corresponding audit area team members to determine resources of requested information.
· Collects and prepares documents for audit submission.
· Communicates inquiry resolutions as liaison between auditors and Loan Operations.
· Implements changes to Loan Operations processes in compliance with audit requests or findings while researching and communicating process efficiencies found.
· Performs quality assurance analysis on daily maintenance changes report to ensure accuracy and reports discrepancies in comparison with loan boarding documents.
· Exercises awareness with regard to possible suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior and reports any such incidents to the BSA department. Performs all job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable to the position, including, but not limited to BSA/AML, OFAC and GLBA/privacy rules.
· Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
· Advanced knowledge of reconciliations and auditing policies, procedures and practices.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Outlook).
· High attention to detail.
· Strong organization, multi-tasking, and resourcefulness skills.
· Excellent communication skills including diplomacy and relationship building.
· Ability to work independently, accurately, effective, and ensure appropriate productivity with limited supervision.
· Exemplifies the Gateway Values: Growth Oriented, Make a Difference, “Get it Done” Attitude, Team Player, Street Smart.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
· 5 years of accounting, audit, or finance related experience.
· Experience in external vendor communication preferred.
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work requires no lifting of more than 10 pounds, typing and computer work, i.e. sedentary, little to no external customer interaction.
NOTE: The essential job functions and associated qualifications contained in this document describe the general nature and level of the work performed. They are not intended to represent an exhaustive listing or be inclusive of all aspects of the job. The tasks and procedures involved in the performance of the essential job functions may vary from day-to-day. Major changes in areas of responsibility may occur, as directed by management, and will require revision of this job description.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Jenks, Oklahoma as well as a corporate office in Dallas, TX, Gateway First Bank has $1.2 billion in assets, five banking centers in Northwest Oklahoma, 160 mortgage centers with operations in 41 states and the District of Columbia, and over 1,400 employees. It is one of the ten largest banks in the State of Oklahoma by asset size and one of the largest bank mortgage operations in the United States, also servicing $17 billion in residential mortgages.
While that is all impressive, our passion of Strengthening Families is at the core of the Gateway Vision!