Senior Mortgage Default Legal Specialist JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for assisting in guiding and encouraging foreclosure & bankruptcy staff as they work with internal and external customers through the daily leadership of a team to include motivating, coaching, counseling, training and problem solving. Assists the Supervisor with development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, daily reports and reward/recognition programs.
Senior Mortgage Default Legal Specialist ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Assists the Default Legal Supervisor in maintaining the DLS pipeline and assist all relevant areas with their tasks, preventing any group from falling behind.
• Reviews current federal, state and agency regulations to ensure Gateway’s processes and systems are compliant with the most updated regulations related to foreclosure and bankruptcy processes; monitors regulation changes, implements processes for adhering to changes and coaches and trains to these changes.
• Assists the supervisor to serve as liaison between internal departments, third party vendors, attorneys, clients and auditors to resolve any issues related to foreclosure and bankruptcy.
• Ensures accuracy of all financial calculations such as reinstatement or judgment figures or proof of claim numbers.
• Ensures compliance and timeliness of all processes. Ensures process and procedures are adequately documented for foreclosure and bankruptcy.
• Monitors servicing system coding to ensure all stop/warning codes are in place.
• Assists in providing coaching and training on a regular basis to each team member.
• Works as a member/leader of special or on-going projects that are important to area/process improvement.
• Reviews various bankruptcy or foreclosure documents for accuracy, including legal documents and correspondence, prepares for execution and follows up to ensure documents are filed appropriately.
• Monitors loan servicing systems queues to manage workflow and update processes.
• Exercises awareness with regard to possible suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior and reports any such incidents to the BSA department. Performs all job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable to the position, including, but not limited to BSA/AML, OFAC and GLBA/privacy rules.
• Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Senior Mortgage Default Legal Specialist REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Advanced knowledge of default legal processes, procedures, and methods.
• Advanced knowledge of foreclosure and bankruptcy legal documents, mortgages, notes, and other loan documentation.
• Great relationship skills and self-motivated.
• Detail oriented and problem solver.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Professional demeanor and appearance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe.
• Ability to provide team leadership.
• Ability to develop and motivate a team.
• Ability to research resources, regulations and requirements.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with various levels of management and team members across the organization.
• High School Diploma.
• 5 years’ experience in foreclosure and/or bankruptcy.
Senior Mortgage Default Legal Specialist SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work involves limited travel and dealing with sensitive confidential information, plus occasional overtime.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Jenks, Oklahoma as well as a corporate office in Dallas, TX, Gateway First Bank has $1.2 billion in assets, five banking centers in Northwest Oklahoma, 160 mortgage centers with operations in 41 states and the District of Columbia, and over 1,400 employees. It is one of the ten largest banks in the State of Oklahoma by asset size and one of the largest bank mortgage operations in the United States, also servicing $17 billion in residential mortgages.
While that is all impressive, our passion of Strengthening Families is at the core of the Gateway Vision!
Gateway First Bank
Why Work Here?Gateway Mortgage Group, LLC, a full-service mortgage company licensed in 41 states and the District of Columbia, announced it has completed its merger with Farmers Exchange Bank to form Gateway First Bank, an Oklahoma banking corporation. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Jenks, Oklahoma as well as a corporate office in Dallas, TX, Gateway First Bank has $1.2 billion in assets, five banking centers in Northwest Oklahoma, 160 mortgage centers with operations in 41 states and the District of Columbia, and over 1,400 employees. It is one of the ten largest banks in the State of Oklahoma by asset size and one of the largest bank mortgage operations in the United States, also servicing $17 billion in residential mortgages. While that is all impressive, our passion of Strengthening Families is at the core of the Gateway Vision!
Great people, exciting growth, family oriented atmosphere!