Dallas corporate office is located in Dallas at 18583 Dallas Parkway near the intersection of Frankford Road and the North Dallas Tollway
Senior Mortgage Business Analyst JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Business Analyst fulfills analyst activities specific to Mortgage business unit(s). This role is responsible for leading discrete projects that are focused on creating efficiency within the organization through process improvement or enhancing technology systems.
Senior Mortgage Business Analyst ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Conducts studies, data validation, report development, and facilitates focus group sessions to identify areas within the process or system that require improvement.
• Recommends process changes/system modifications to streamline and automate business process as well as translates business requirements into technology solutions.
• Communicates directly with the line of business and manages the relationship as the key support liaison between the business unit and the IT Department.
• Works with the development team to design, test, implement, and maintain updates within company databases and applications necessary to streamline/automate a business process.
• SME support of the loan origination system (LOS), and related Mortgage technology tools.
• Works with departmental managers to understand the current processes and systems to assist with identifying and analyzing the risks/rewards associated with business unit requests as well as provides alternative solutions to the business unit requests.
• Assists the corporate training group in the creation of training documentation and programs as well as assists in the development and implementation of Mortgage policies and procedures.
• Facilitates/presents the initial training sessions for a process and ensures management and
training for a particular process is effectively transitioned back to the business after the completion of a project.
• Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine feasibility for IT related projects.
• Analyze business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate and simplify processes and functions.
• Exercises awareness with regard to possible suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior and reports any such incidents to the BSA department. Performs all job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable to the position, including, but not limited to BSA/AML, OFAC and GLBA/privacy rules.
• Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Senior Mortgage Business Analyst REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Understands the impact and interdependencies of all business units within the organization, and analyze and assist with the management of projects impacting various business channels.
• Understands gathering and developing technical and functional business requirements.
• Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to document process flows.
• Ability to design/build/control new business development processes.
• Ability to create complex specifications.
• Exemplifies the Gateway Values: Growth Oriented, Make a Difference, “Get it Done” Attitude, Team Player, Street Smart.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
• 5 years experience in Business Analyst role.
• Related experience in the mortgage or financial services industry preferred.
• Experience of related project management/business analyst experience preferred.
Senior Mortgage Business Analyst SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work involves dealing with highly sensitive information and travel up to 10% of the time.