Mortgage Sales Manager JOB SUMMARY:
Directs and manages the sales activities of the mortgage center or financial unit, ensuring that efficient customer service is provided and quality loans are generated. Expected to identify partnership opportunities and to develop strong business relationships. Responsible for originating loans, recruiting, managing, coaching, and motivating a staff of outside loan officers to meet sales production goals, to insure compliance with Federal, State and Agency requirements and policies, and manages multiple sales professionals.
Mortgage Sales Manager ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Meets the requirements of a Qualified Individual as determined by S.A.F.E. and State Governing bodies. Demonstrates complete familiarity with FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA guidelines and understanding of all facets involved in real estate transactions.
• Originates quality residential mortgage loans until such time as the Mortgage Center’s volume reaches sufficient levels to warrant non-production from the manager.
• Recruits additional sales professionals (MLO’s) into the team. Oversees the work of personnel in the Mortgage Center unit, including managing price protections, conflict resolution and employee motivation with a focus on meeting production standards.
• Serves as a liaison between loan originators on the team and operational management.
• Insures customer satisfaction in their interaction with all levels of the team, including employees and referral partners, seeking assistance from the Area Manager, RVP or Division VP as needed.
• Works to promote Gateway Mortgage through the use of mailing campaigns, networking events, and marketing efforts.
• Exhibits thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents including analysis of Profit and Loss Statements and General Ledger.
• Implements policies and procedures to maintain compliance with Federal, State, Agency and private investor requirements and guidelines and to assure quality loan production.
• Monitor trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changes in the rules and regulations pertaining to all agencies: FNMA, FHA, VA and USDA.
• Active in the community and in job-related organizations.
• You are advised that as a condition to your employment with Gateway, you must be licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered as a Mortgage Sales Manager and, once licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered, you must remain eligible to, and continue to be licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered under the Federal S.A.F.E. Act and the state laws applicable in the state(s) where you will be originating loans on behalf of Gateway. You must also clear a background screening to be eligible for sponsorship with Gateway.
• If you are not currently licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered, you must complete the license (New Jersey) and /or registration process within your first 60 days (New Jersey) 30 days (registration) of employment, or your employment with Gateway may be terminated for cause.
• Once licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered, you must maintain your license (New Jersey) and/or registration as long as you are required by law to be licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered, or your employment may be terminated. Subject to certain limitations, Gateway may reimburse you for the costs of your application filing fee, the required training course and the cost of testing while you are an employee of Gateway.
• * Unless and until you are properly licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered, you are not to engage in any loan underwriting or customer solicitation activity that would require you to be licensed and you will not be entitled to receive and commissions or similar compensation associated with loan solicitation or origination.
• Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Mortgage Sales Manager REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Leadership skills to motivate and direct a team of mortgage professionals. With a desire to help others reach their career goals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment while practicing sound lending judgement
• Extensive knowledge of Federal and State regulatory guidelines, as well as agency guidelines: FNMA, FHA, VA and USDA
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Desktop Underwriter and, preferably, Byte LOS
• Strong sales and marketing skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of mortgage experience
• Must be NMLS licensed (New Jersey) and/or registered as a Mortgage Sales Manager under any applicable local, state and federal requirements
• 5+ years of retail mortgage sales experience
Mortgage Sales Manager SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work requires dealing with confidential information from both customers and employees. Must be able to multi task and handle stringent deadlines. Ability and willingness to travel frequently within the sales region and to the corporate office.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Jenks, Oklahoma as well as a corporate office in Dallas, TX, Gateway First Bank has $1.2 billion in assets, five banking centers in Northwest Oklahoma, 160 mortgage centers with operations in 41 states and the District of Columbia, and over 1,400 employees. It is one of the ten largest banks in the State of Oklahoma by asset size and one of the largest bank mortgage operations in the United States, also servicing $17 billion in residential mortgages.
While that is all impressive, our passion of Strengthening Families is at the core of the Gateway Vision!