Mortgage Default Operations Quality Assurance Specialist JOB SUMMARY:
The Default Operations Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for performing testing, analyzing trends, and reporting results to management. Examines work performed throughout the default team for completeness and accuracy according to insurer/investor and regulatory requirements. Performs any other testing identified by management as necessary for quality assurance. Following testing, responsible for identifying the root cause of any errors and recommending process revisions to eliminate noted errors in the future.
Mortgage Default Operations Quality Assurance Specialist ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Performs quality assurance analysis to ensure accuracy of mortgage assistance applications to determine loss mitigation plan qualification or denial. Identifies, tracks, and reports discrepancies in those applications and analyzes those results.
• Performs quality assurance analysis to ensure the accuracy of bidding instructions and final figures of foreclosure properties. Identifies, tracks, and reports discrepancies in those applications and analyzes those results.
• Monitors investors, insurers, and regulators for rule changes and apply to application reviews.
• Provides recommendations of process improvements and error trends to Management.
• Writes new policies and procedures while considering all investor/insurer/regulatory requirements and guidance.
• Applies and leverages technology systems to consistently follow up and document problem resolutions.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with all areas of servicing.
• Makes recommendations and suggests methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to borrowers.
• Exercises awareness with regard to possible suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior and reports any such incidents to the BSA department. Performs all job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable to the position, including, but not limited to BSA/AML, OFAC and GLBA/privacy rules.
• Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Mortgage Default Operations Quality Assurance Specialist REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Thorough knowledge of existing investor/ insurer/regulatory requirements for mortgage servicing.
• Strong organization, attention to detail, critical and resourcefulness skills.
• Excellent communication skills including diplomacy and relationship building.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
• Ability to think analytically as well as work independently, accurately, effectively.
• Ability to work in multiple systems and projects simultaneously to capture all required reporting data fields.
• Ability to learn new rules, regulations, and laws in order to meet state, investor/insurer, and federal regulatory guidelines.
• Exemplifies the Gateway Values: Growth Oriented, Make a Difference, “Get it Done” Attitude, Team Player, Street Smart
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent years of experience.
• 2-4 years’ experience in default servicing.
• Prior loan servicing experience is required.
Mortgage Default Operations Quality Assurance Specialist SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Position requires an ability to thrive in a demanding and compliance-driven industry. Work involves dealing with sensitive confidential information and occasional overtime
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Jenks, Oklahoma as well as a corporate office in Dallas, TX, Gateway First Bank has $1.2 billion in assets, five banking centers in Northwest Oklahoma, 160 mortgage centers with operations in 40 states and the District of Columbia, and over 1,350 employees. It is one of the ten largest banks in the State of Oklahoma by asset size and one of the largest bank mortgage operations in the United States, also servicing $17 billion in residential mortgages.
While that is all impressive, our passion of Strengthening Families is at the core of the Gateway Vision!