Database Developer II JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for deployment, administration, maintenance and recovery of enterprise database systems and data warehouses. This position works closely with other database administrators, developers, architects, infrastructure and other functional teams. The role will also work with technical staff to develop resolutions to problems, while assisting in developing the junior team members.
Database Developer II ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RESPONSIBILITIES):
• Designs, develops and implements database systems based on customer requirements.
• Prepares design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects
• Analyzes and recommends solutions for physical design, layout as well as backup and recovery of enterprise database systems.
• Designs and builds metrics and reporting to assist in capacity projections and recommends solutions for future expansions and upgrades.
• Troubleshoots, optimizes and tunes existing database deployments.
• Provides and executes necessary training and information dissemination to business units and team members.
• Improves database automation and supports existing functionality
• Creates complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development.
• Ensures service quality by adhering to organizational build standards and security requirements.
• Provides off hour production support, as needed.
• Exercises awareness with regard to possible suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior and reports any such incidents to the BSA department. Performs all job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal, state, and local laws and regulations as applicable to the position, including, but not limited to BSA/AML, OFAC and GLBA/privacy rules.
• Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Database Developer II REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Thorough knowledge of database administration and database development policies, procedures, processes and best practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective action plans and implement to successful conclusion.
• Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and handle multiple priorities.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent years of business experience.
• 2-4 years of experience in relational database administration and optimization.
• 2-4 years of experience in database development including SQL, stored procedures, indexes, partitioning and database tuning.
• Working knowledge of infrastructure components and their effects on database design and performance
Database Developer II SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Work requires access to highly sensitive data, flexible schedule, on call rotation and the ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. – plus a 10% travel requirement.