- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Greater St. Louis, MO
Start Date: Immediate
Gateway Fiber is seeking an outstanding individual to fill the role of Operations Manager. Gateway is a rapidly growing—private equity backed—residential fiber broadband internet provider. As data requirements for residences and businesses continue to expand, Gateway is creating a leading, national fiber-to-the home platform to serve this critical unmet need in our communities. Gateway provides a faster, more reliable internet that is paired with a simple pricing model and exceptional customer service. With the support of its financial sponsor, Crosstimbers Capital Group, the company is initially investing more than $150 million to build a future proof network in Greater St. Louis and is actively developing plans to expand nationally.
Gateway’s Beliefs About People:
Gateway believes that people want to know they are cared for both professionally and personally at work. We need a clear vision for where the company is going and how we can contribute to it. At Gateway, we lookout for each other and actively find ways to help one another. We all have a role in defining the path forward towards the company’s vision. We strive for a transparent environment where information is readily shared and our teams feel safe to share feedback, even if it might seem unpopular. Someone in the right role with the tools to succeed can operate autonomously to meet their objectives. Gateway’s beliefs about people shape the company and the way we do business.
Expected Outcomes and Requirements:
With Gateway’s rapid growth comes aggressive plans for construction of Gateway’s network as the company looks to triple the size of its current network of serviceable homes and businesses. Gateway is hiring an Operations Manager to develop and manage its construction management capabilities to deliver the highest quality projects on-time and within budget. The Operations Manager is expected to contribute in the following significant ways:
- Lead multiple large scale network build projects worth more than $50M in annual value in markets across the country.
- Manage 40 construction crews building our existing network across St. Louis while leading new market launches in the coming year.
- Lead process and efficiency improvement across our operational capabilities.
- Develop integrated project plans for all of Gateway’s development projects working closely with Gateway leadership and construction partners.
- Be a leader within the organization who ensures appropriate resourcing, construction activities, and contractor ownership are in place to complete builds on time.
- Serve as primary day-to-day liaison with Gateway’s construction partners.
- Track daily progress versus plan, escalating key obstacles and resource needs to ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Lead weekly meetings with Gateway leadership and construction partners to review project plans.
- Deliver insightful operational analysis and reporting that provides clear measurement of performance versus goals.
The successful candidate will bring the following to the table:
- Ability to lead through influence and balance needs of numerous stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong follow-up skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and in a project management software application such as Microsoft Project or Smartsheet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Operations Management, Project Management, Leadership, or related field required; additional certifications or educations are welcomed.
- 3+ Year's of leadership in an operational environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Seeing your work make a positive difference in the lives of our served communities.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, paid time-off, flexible environment).
- Locally owned, friendly, innovative company with high growth projections.
- Career development.
- To learn skills and participate in critical projects in all areas of the business.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSaint Charles, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Gateway Fiber