Job Summary: Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for a unit. Ensures that staff assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans and maintain medical records. Oversees the provision and quality of nursing care to consumers in a crisis stabilization unit. Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Management of Nursing
· Supervises and plans work of assigned staff. Observes nurses and visits with consumers to ensure that proper nursing care is provided. Promote a cohesive team environment among the staff.
· Monitors all aspects of consumer care, including diet and physical activity.
· Ensures that the CSU is in compliance with DBHDD Rules and Regulations, including legal forms completion in a timely manner, inspections, and monitoring PRN usage.
· Ensures that stock of supplies and medications are maintained.
· Will attend and actively participate in the functions and responsibilities of the Safety Committee, Physician’s Committee and Corporate Compliance in 85%, or 10 out of 12, regularly scheduled meetings.
Data-Driven Decision Making
· Promotes an organizational “Culture of Measurement”
· Utilizes data and management reports with direct reports to set targets and evaluate quality, effectiveness, efficiency, financial performance and/or compliance including the Key Performance Indicators
· Utilizes national benchmark data, when available to establish organizational performance data
· Works with HR to follow best practices for worker’s compensation, safety inspections and OSHA compliance
· Ensures that staff are adequately trained on safety, health and wellness programs.
· Assists HR as needed for resolving grievances/disputes.
· Have knowledge of community needs, funding streams, regulatory/contract requirements and outcomes.
· Provides expertise in industry trends and utilizes “best practices” principles when developing and implementing new ideas in the CSU.
· Participates in developing annual departmental goals, objectives, and systems in support of strategic plan.
· Communicates in a manner that is clear, concise and facilitates the organizational goals, both orally and written
· Responds to internal and external customers by returning phone calls and emails promptly.
Required Education & Experience: Current Georgia license to practice as a registered professional nurse AND Two or more years of experience in a managerial, supervisory or leadership role.
· Clearly establishes and communicates goals and accountability;
· Monitors and evaluates performance;
· Provides effective feedback and coaching;
· Identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance and gain valuable skills that will translate into strong performance in future roles.
· Develops innovative approaches to address problems and drive continuous improvement in programs and processes;
· Communicates regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals and/or required results, providing specific feedback and initiating corrective action when defined goals and/or required results are not met.
· Confers regularly with staff to review employee relations climate, specific problem areas, and actions necessary for improvement.
· Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals, obtains and considers all relevant information in evaluations, and supports staff by giving praise and constructive criticism.
· Recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
· Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and proves training and development opportunities as appropriate.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Some minor travel between Gateway sites is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel and occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer. Employee frequently uses fine hand/eye coordination, hearing and visual acuity. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant condition caused by noise, dust, etc. Employee must be able to travel between Gateway sites. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gateway CSB promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Gateway Community Service Board
Why Work Here?Gateway's mission is to be a leader in the provision of comprehensive community services for mental health, substance use disorders, and developmental disorders and disabilities to the people and communities it serves.
Here at Gateway Community Service Board we strive to have the best environment not only for the population we serve, but for our employees!