VP, Group Account Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are:
With office locations in Pittsburgh and Chicago, Gatesman is a privately held, fully integrated marketing communications agency with expertise in advertising, digital, analytics, public relations, social media, and performance media. We don’t shy away from the unknown and thrive on the speed of business. We solve business challenges by using data, and a human filter to fuel our marketing solutions- whether it’s building brand awareness, improving reputation, launching new products, or publishing brand narratives. We maintain strong client relationships with an industry leading tenure of 7+ years on average.
Our agency is frequently named as being one of the Best Places to Work as voted by our own employees, and continuously earn a 90%+ satisfaction rate in blind annual surveys among our clients and employees. With 60+ associates and thriving, Gatesman serves clients nationwide in Healthcare, Higher Ed, Energy, Financial, Retail and B2B.
VP, Group Account Director
Gatesman is seeking a VP, Group Account Director to join our award winning team to lead and manage multiple pieces of business and account management staff. The position is accountable for managing client engagements including the overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of Gatesman services. The position has tremendous growth potential with a solid long term career path and trajectory.
- Deliver senior-level strategic counsel externally, manage team leaders internally, and contribute to the growth, health and retention of assigned accounts within your group.
- Collaborate proactively with the leaders of other departments, including creative, digital, media, pr and social media in the development of marketing programs and other client deliverables, process and output.
- Act as the lead on cross-agency integrated marketing programs, by participating in multi-agency briefs and work sessions, contributing to the overall planning process, leading the development of marketing communications programs and campaigns.
- Manage P&L for accounts, negotiating statements of work and retainers, making sure work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms, and increasing ROI for the agency.
- Actively participate in new business development for the agency, and when needed/necessary serving as part of agency new business pitch team.
- Write POVs and recommendations
- Lead the development, management and training of your team within your group.
- Assist in managing the account management team with other group account director(s) which includes: training, staff/salary evaluations, issues/problem resolution.
- Ensure the use of “best practices” and effective processes across the department and agency.
- Perform day-to-day client leadership functions.
- Consistently and effectively communicate with the client across all levels of their organization, including C-Suite
- Ensure quality and consistency of creative product in collaboration with creative leadership and teams
- Understand and navigate client corporate cultures
- Take personal accountability for client satisfaction, proactively problem solve and engage senior leadership early on issues as needed
- Keeps management informed of all major initiatives or issues
- Effectively delegates and manages work across teams, training next level up
Qualifications include (but are not limited to)
- BS or BA degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 10-15 years of advertising agency experience.
- Experience and proven track record of managing multi-million dollar accounts successfully.
- Very strong organizational and account handling skills, with the understanding that full accountability is demanded by the client and agency’s leadership team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- A strong work ethic with the self-motivation needed to exceed expectations
- Willingness to step out of assigned role to assist other team members
- The desire to thrive and excel in an aggressive, fast growing, evolving agency culture
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with proven ability to lead business.
- Proven success in growing existing and new business.
- A magnetic personality with a passion for mentoring, and developing staff.
- Key to the role will also be having the ability to help lead digital and social campaigns across a portfolio of brands on a day-to-day basis, working collaboratively with the Marketing Intelligence, Performance Media, PR and Creative Teams in developing and executing digitally led effort
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available on the first day of employment
- 401k with an employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Summer Fridays
- 14 Holiday’s including time off between Christmas and New Years
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Strong culture and supportive working environment
All applications will be held in strict confidence. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. For more information on our firm, please visit: www.gatesmanagency.com or find us on Linked In, Facebook, or Instagram.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Gatesman