Job Description: This non-exempt position provides routine, personal health care (ADLs and other) for residents of Gates Mills Club, assists with emergencies appropriately, and assists other departments during slow periods in regular duties.
Job Purpose: This position provides routine, personal health care for residents of Gate Mills Club, responds to AL and IL resident and building emergencies appropriately, monitors the building and common areas for security breaches after the front desk is closed, assists other departments with duties when not actively assisting residents in their personal health care needs, and any other duties as assigned.
· Primary Duties of a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) include providing routine personal health care for residents in assisted living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, med reminders, escorting, and housekeeping as indicated on the Care Plan Review and Evaluation Plan for each resident in the AL program. Any duties requested by the resident that are not part of the Care Plan must be approved by the D.O.N. before accomplishing by the PCA.
· Respond to nurse call system alerts within a 5-minute span and assist resident as needed.
· Respond to emergency assistance calls from residents (both IL and AL) and staff, determine what is required to address the emergency and see that it is handled according to procedures. Record all incidents in Front Desk Log Book and on an Incident Form; put Incident Form in Executive Director’s wall-file in business office. This applies to all shifts, not just evenings or nights.
· Assist EMT if they are called and request assistance; be at the front door to let them in unless you have
to stay with the resident. Evening/night shifts, if you cannot be there to let the EMTs in, transfer all front desk lines to the
cell phone so that you can let them in remotely.
· Evening and Night Shift: Check all four exits and ground level windows after shift changes to be sure they are secured. Also check the pantry, workshop, trash room, boiler room, electrical room, boiler room garage door, and Laundry/Housekeeping Room door to make sure they are securely shut and locked. Report any anomalies in the Communication Book and to the Executive Director.
· Assist other departments during slow periods, such as helping out with activities, front desk back-up, elevator attendant duties if needed anything as needed and directed by D.O.N. or Executive Director.
· Evening and Night Shift: during the hours between 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., duties to include answering the front desk telephone, monitoring entry points at front, side, and back doors, and assisting residents and guests as requested. Responsible for assuring all guests and caregivers sign in and out during shift.
· Night Shift: Certain individuals come in at certain times throughout the evening and night shift-- newspaper delivery (between 4-6am), dietary staff (at 6am), and privately hired caregivers (throughout the night, especially at shift-change). Monitor the entrance and make sure that caregivers sign in and/or out.
· Night Shift: Prep the lobby for morning on a daily basis: dump trash, wipe surfaces and tables, rinse out coffeemaker and make fresh coffee and hot water at 6:30 a.m., use Clorox wipes to wipe down common area door handles, light switches, elevator buttons (inside and out, all floors) and handrails inside elevators, both foyers paging system buttons, front desk telephone, computer keyboard (not the monitor), and any other area as identified to reduce the spread of infection/germs.
· Night Shift: Prep the lower level foyer and each side entrance every morning: pick up trash inside foyers, use Clorox Wipes to wipe door handles, light switches and main handrail in stairwells between 1st and 2nd floor.
· Vacuum common areas as needed on all shifts.
· Maintain company compliance with federal and state laws and regulations in all that you do.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing all duties as needed, other duties as assigned.
· Ability to stay calm and assist during emergencies, make appropriate decisions, and remain positive
· Good customer service skills needed to positively and calmly interact with residents, staff, guests, family, EMTs, and vendors
· Well organized with excellent time management skills and be able to work independently with minimum of supervision
· Capable of performing the physical requirements of this position, to include bending, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Must be able to walk and stand on your fee for long periods of time, move equipment (wheelchairs, tables, chairs, etc.) on a frequent basis, lift forty (40) pounds on an occasional basis.
· Basic knowledge of solvents and chemicals and how to read SDS manual instructions
· High school diploma or GED required minimum; successfully completed training as a home health care aide through an established vocational school would be a plus; STNA certification is a definite PLUS.
· Be able to be a team player in a team-oriented environment
Gates Mills Assisted Living
Mayfield Heights, OH