Construction Project Assistant
The Construction Project Assistant role, suited for entry-level individuals, presents an opportunity within a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment. The position demands a proactive and diligent individual with a knack for organization, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.Responsibilities:
- Electronic set up of new contracts and vendors.
- Manage electronic project documents: contracts, change orders, invoices, insurance, reports, email communications, O&M manuals, record and as built drawings, etc. and distribute documents to appropriate team members and stakeholders.
- Utilize online contract documentation system (DocuSign).
Procure bids and ensure contracts are fully executed, secure proper paperwork and verify subcontractors are in good standing with vendor compliance prior to starting work; electronically file and distribute contracts as necessary.
Document and track potential change orders; document approved change orders; file electronically and distribute to appropriate team members and stakeholders.
Secure and compile electronic turnover documents; assure all documentation requested is received from subcontractors / suppliers for each ongoing project assigned; compile electronic project close-out documents and prepare turnover packages.
Provide clerical/administrative support for internal project team as requested.
Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with project lead, site operations and directly managed vendors.
- Proven work experience with minimal gaps in employment or recent graduation from a 4 year college.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and support multiple team members with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional skills in organization, diligence, and attention to detail.
- Strong computer and internet research skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff including outside clients, vendors and contractors.
- Currently residing in or willing to relocate to the Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
Gates, Hudson & AssociatesFairfax, VA
Get fresh Construction Project Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.