A Driver is responsible for loading galley equipment onto a truck, driving the truck to various types of aircraft and loading the equipment. All activities must be accomplished according to customer guidelines and while adhering to safety regulations. The Driver interacts with the airline representatives at the aircraft, therefore must be customer service oriented.We're Hosting a Hiring Event! WHEN: Monday, April 29th, 2019 10AM - 4PMWHERE: 6701 W. Imperial Highway, Los Angeles, CA 90045 HOW: Arrive during the scheduled times to get interviewed! Apply with the links below prior to attending. Offers will be made on the spot to those who qualify.
We are now hiring for Drivers to work in our flight kitchen located near the Los Angeles International airport for the PM shift. This shift operates from 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreements. You will need to remain flexible in your shift and days off, as we may be required to change your schedule from time to time to meet production needs, requirements of the industry, or to accommodate a shift bid in accordance with the union contract. This position starts out at $17.50 per hour and you will be paid weekly. Our benefits include free, hot and healthy meals daily and 401K with company match. Medical, dental and vision insurance is also available if you would like to enroll. These benefits will start on the first day of the month following your 60th day of employment.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Current driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Pay the one-time union initiation fee of $700.00
- Pay the monthly union dues of $43.75. This amount will be deducted automatically from your pay check the first pay period of the month and starts 60 days after your first day on the job.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Complete paperwork
- Communicate by radio to supervisors and dispatchers
- Follow directions
- Work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- Majority of duties performed outside in all weather conditions
- This is a physically demanding position
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to seventy-five (75) pounds
- Must be able to work at heights up to 20-25 feet
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.