The primary role of the Multimedia Sales Executive (MMSE) is to increase print and digital advertising revenues by achieving or exceeding the revenue goal in their assigned territory. The MMSE will develop and present audience based, multimedia sales campaigns to meet the diversified needs of our customers and maximize customer ROI.
● Consistently meets/exceeds all print and digital revenue targets
● Develops and demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services
● Represent and embrace new non-traditional products and services that the company may introduce as we look to diversify new revenue streams that capitalize on our customer base and scale
● Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis and completes all required sales process activities
● Regularly and customarily engaged in person with customers
● Drives customer retention through excellent customer service
● Develops new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
● Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
● Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
● Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
● Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed
● Ability to close new business and exceed sales targets
● Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
● Strong networking and community involvement skills
● Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills
● Strong time management and follow up skills
● Organized with an attention for detail
● Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
● Must possess a valid state driver's license and reliable transportation
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business
● Minimum of one year sales experience, preferably in outside sales
● Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Why Work Here?
Growing company with significant advancement opportunities!