The primary responsibility of the Digital Sales Specialist is to increase digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with clients and MMSEs in field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities. This position directly affects and is responsible for achieving or exceeding individual and team digital revenue targets in the market.
* Consistently meets/exceeds individual and the market's overall digital revenue targets
* Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all Gannett sales and marketing assets,including all digital products and digital marketing services and able to transfer the knowledge to clients and the MMSEs they supported; act as the market's " Champion"
* Follows Gannett prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis and completes all required sales process activities
* Drives customer retention through excellent customer service
* Develops new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer individually and in team support
* Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market
intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-) at the account and territory level
* Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
* Spends significant time with MMSEs visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening
account relationships, uncovering revenue opportunities and driving revenue
Works in tandem with the Digital Sales Manager and Channel Sales Manager to identify revenue opportunities and in market support
* Helps drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors. Works to ensure that MMSEs consistently present products/services appropriate to client needs and assist in monitoring the "health" of the relationship between the client and MMSEs
* Develops a strong sales plan with team and assist in the achievement of KPIs and digital revenue goals
* Collaborates with the staff on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities:
* Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
* Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
* Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed
* Ability to close new business and exceed sales targets
* Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
* Strong networking and community involvement skills
* Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills
* Strong time management and follow up skills
* Organized with an attention for detail
* Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
* Must possess a valid state driver's license and reliable transportation
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in mediarelated business
* Must have prior experience with digital marketing sales
* Minimum of one year sales experience, preferably in outside sales
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Why Work Here?
Growing company with significant advancement opportunities!