GateHouse Media is an industry-leading media organization, investing in cutting-edge technologies, products, services and partnerships to revolutionize how we serve our 200,000 small-and-medium-sized business customers in a digital world. We also invest in our employees, offering premier sales training providing you with the tools you need to become an expert in our marketing solutions, prospect and manage your customer portfolio and reach your full potential (salary + commission!). Enjoy the opportunity to expand your professional abilities by pairing sales skills with your professional verbal and written communication skills to assist our customers with their advertising campaigns.
The primary role of the Multimedia Sales Executive (MMSE) is to increase print and digital advertising revenues by achieving or exceeding the revenue goal in their assigned territory. The MMSE will develop and present audience based, multimedia sales campaigns to meet the diversified needs of our customers and maximize customer ROI.
● Consistently meets/exceeds all print and digital revenue targets
● Develops and demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services
● Represent and embrace new non-traditional products and services that the company may introduce as we look to diversify new revenue streams that capitalize on our customer base and scale
● Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis and completes all required sales process activities
● Regularly and customarily engaged in person with customers
● Drives customer retention through excellent customer service
● Develops new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
● Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
● Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
Knowledges, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
● Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
● Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed
● Ability to close new business and exceed sales targets
● Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results
● Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
● Strong networking and community involvement skills
● Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills
● Strong time management and follow up skills
● Organized with an attention for detail
● Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
● Must possess a valid state driver's license and reliable transportation
Education & Experience:
● Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business
● Minimum of one year sales experience, preferably in outside sales
● Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
● Walking, primarily on a level surface for varied periods throughout the day;
● Reaching above shoulder height, below the waist;
● Lifting up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Maintain accurate reports and complete thorough analysis of each digital service campaign at Chronicle Media each month in order to ensure retention and advertiser ROI; and to recognize opportunities to implement creative strategies for new business development and growth, to include consulting and product training within the sales division.
SALES PLANNING, PERFORMANCE AND PREPARATION
Able to understand the competitive landscape of digital marketing, emerging online trends, and a grasp on developing best in class engaging experiences for our clients, among our product suite
Assists in setting up appointments to fulfill new contracts to include phone and face to face contact with customers
Act as key player in any digital media focused sales effort; planning, proposal generation, execution, and follow up
Lead point of contact for all vendor relationships
Manages custom social campaigns and reporting
Lead trainer for CSM's
Builds and maintains good relationships with clients and colleagues
Works collaboratively with sales departments, finance and credit and production
Troubleshoot existing campaigns and recommend resolutions for any issues or areas of improvement
Professional and courteous at all times with multiple contacts within and outside of the company while providing excellent service
Manages retention pipeline of digital services customers
Monthly reconciliation of digital service campaigns
Generate professional and thorough reports needed for retention of digital service customers
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
Creative thinker, collaborator, and hard worker who embraces change!
Knowledgeable of sales process and digital service products
Knowledge of internet concepts and latest developments on web
Working experience in using web analytical tools and applying knowledge gained to user interface
Knowledge of social media sites
Knowledge of search engine marketing and optimization
Must be motivated, have a proven track record and be able to interact with clients and co-workers seamlessly
Must be highly organized and able to multi-task
Must possess good communication skills, be customer service oriented and have an understanding of production deadlines
Capable of developing web content
Must be able to work well under time constraints and deadlines
Time management and prioritizing tasks are key to being successful in this role
This position works in a field that is in a constant state of change. Successful applicants will be very flexible, multi task oriented, highly organized, and able to work with a number of products to sell both internally to traditional representatives and externally to customers.
EDUCATION: Some College required and equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING:
Digital Media advertising knowledge
Proven superior customer service and account management track record
MANUAL OR MOTOR OPERATIONS (MACHINE): Valid driver's license and insurance records are required quarterly.
WORKING CONDITIONS: works in an environment dominated with computers and under daily deadline pressure with a variety of duties
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Why Work Here?
Growing company with significant advancement opportunities!