Senior Cloud Architect
Resp & Qualifications
Drives enterprise digital transformation, Cloud adoption, optimization, and automation by applying broad technical skills, with deep industry knowledge and business acumen. Introduces capabilities (inclusive of all functions) to lead technical solutions that promote business strategy goals. Translates business needs into architectural solutions that meet performance, reliability, and security expectations. . Applies enterprise roadmaps, principles, standards, and practices to drive their domain strategies and execution. Serves as a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business capability planning, solution architecture, integration, data and information, security, cloud platforms, mobile, and analytics.
- Primary for preparing Cloud domain architecture viewpoints and models depicting current, target, and interim states. Use current state viewpoints to identify and analyze pain points and opportunities (PPOs). Perform advanced modeling and analysis to meet the strategic needs of the organization with respect to system, information, functional/non-functional needs, performance and security/regulatory requirements. Create and utilize architecture patterns and ensure alignment with IT strategies and reference architectures. Ensure target state alignment and integration across architecture domains. Ensure upstream alignment / traceability to business needs via business architecture and downstream alignment / traceability with solution building blocks. Lead the extension / enhancement of domain architecture strategies, standards, and guidelines. Identify and support development of reusable domain patterns.
- Collaborates on design, engineering and implementation of assets for internal use in solutions to improve solution quality; collaborate through implementation phase. Support peer reviews and represent the architecture domain in briefings to the Architecture Review Board. collaborates on publishing and maintenance of viewpoints / work products in the architecture repository, ensuring they are organized, accurate, and accessible. Disposition stakeholder comments / feedback received via project and non-project channels. Ensures that regulatory and compliance issues are addressed in solutions.
- Collaborate on cloud solution architecture development for complex, highly visible business initiatives using a strong blend of leadership and technical skills and a consultative approach. Guide concept elaboration to support integration of SaaS and PaaS solutions with legacy systems. Facilitate technical discussions with technical teams to develop transition roadmaps and architecture patterns to migrate legacy systems to cloud architectures. Collaborate on rearchitecting applications and technology stacks to leverage cloud native technologies for data, application development, messaging, API gateway, security, AI/Machine Learning, and analytics. Guide the evaluation and establishment of new cloud-based technology stacks and concepts of operation to replace existing data center tech stacks working across the architecture domains. Guide the evaluation, rationalization, and implementation of existing tools (monitoring, systems management, operational, development, testing) to support a hybrid and multi-cloud environment.
- Collaborate with other teams (business and technical), key stakeholders, and partners to understand needs to maximize architecture impact and address technical limitations. Evaluates/selects a solution / product design that aligns with IT / Cloud Domain strategies, standards, and guidelines. Advises leadership and teams.
- Research emerging Cloud trends and technology to determine their relevancy and fit for the organization.
- Participates in vendor evaluation and selection process broadly; facilitates vendor evaluation and selection for domain-specific tooling. Represent the architecture domain in the drafting of RFIs/RFPs and the evaluation / scoring of vendor proposals.
- Perform development / enhancement of architecture domain methods and tools. Ensure the alignment / integration of Cloud architecture processes / deliverables with those of other architecture domains and SDLC disciplines. Performs development of domain related communications / education materiel for use with stakeholders and architecture / SDLC partners.
- Leads domain assessment of new / proposed projects for architecture impacts in support of annual planning, resource estimation, and alignment with IT strategy and enterprise architecture. Provide input to project, product, and enterprise technology roadmaps. Provide regular reporting on progress, issues, and opportunities related to architecture domain.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 8 years of Cloud Architecture, or equivalent. 4 years Cloud Migration.
- Advanced degree; Experience in 2-3 different architecture domains.
- AWS and Cloud Security Certification preferred.
- Proficient experience with AWS required, Azure/GCP preferred.
- Understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications, including relevant data privacy and compliance requirements. Familiarity with principles of network, application, and information security.
- Understanding of enterprise application integration technologies.
- Understanding of software engineering including DevOps, CI/CD pipeline, test automation, environment and configuration automation, etc.
- Familiarity with design thinking and similar principles is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to motivate and influence others so that project objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders develop high quality solutions.
- Ability to coach, delegate, and develop team members.
- Proficient in managing cross-domain architecture solutions and impacts.
- Expertise with domain related architecture frameworks, methods and tools.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and collaboration.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Gate Staffing LLCReston, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.