Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
Food & Beverage Equipment Assembler
An Equipment Assembler is an essential part of the kitchen interior team, preparing meal carts for flights. This includes loading carts with beverages, ice, and condiments as well as non-food items such as cutlery, napkins, and dishware.
We're hiring Equipment Assemblers to work in the flight kitchen at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Only the best employees can help us provide the best service to our customers, and that’s why we want YOU on our team. This is a great entry-level role for anyone without previous experience, as well as for those working in a warehouse, stocking or general labor environment: Catering, Warehouse, General Labor, Loading, Unloading, Stocking.
HOW TO APPLY: We want to thank you for your interest in Gate Gourmet. To apply, please fill out a formal application on our website. Visit this link to start your application today:https://gategourmet.avature.net/atlanta
We require all employees to have flexibility for any shift time (see Union Information below) and you will have two consecutive days off each week. As you gain seniority on a quarterly basis, you will have the opportunity to bid for preferred shifts.
Benefits & Compensation
- Starting pay is $10.50 per hour.
- Pay is weekly.
Daily Tasks & Expectations
- Arrive on time, ready to work.
- Load meal carts with specified food items and supplies.
- Lift/move boxes and crates of food items and supplies.
- Work as a member of a team to complete tasks efficiently and on time.
- Follow procedures and Gate Gourmet processes as outlined by your supervisor.
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Complete necessary paperwork each shift.
- Written and verbal communication with supervisors and coworkers.
Job Duties & Requirements
- High school Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- Ability to handle exposure to extreme temperature changes and noise levels.
- Stand, bend, lift, push, pull and move equipment and supplies up to twenty-five pounds (25 lbs.) for shifts of 8+ hours.
Our positions are represented by a labor union and covered by one or more collective bargaining agreements. You will need to remain flexible in your shift and days off, as we may change your schedule when necessary to meet production needs, requirements of the industry, or to accommodate a shift bid in accordance with the union contract.
- Union initiation fee of $79.10 which is broken down into payments
- Monthly union dues of $19.10 deducted automatically from the first pay period each month.
- Union fees start 60 days after your first day on the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.