Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
A Driver Helper is an essential part of the transportation team, loading equipment onto trucks and guiding the driver to various types of aircraft. This includes loading and unloading equipment from the truck to the aircraft galley according to customer guidelines while adhering to safety regulations.
We're hiring Driver Helpers to work at our facility near the flight kitchen at Washington Dulles International Airport. Only the best employees can help us provide the best service to our customers, and that’s why we want YOU on our team. This is a great entry-level role for anyone without previous experience, as well as for those working in a warehouse, stocking, delivery or general labor environment.
Keywords: Catering, Stocking, Labor, Delivery, Warehouse.
HOW TO APPLY: We want to thank you for your interest in Gate Gourmet. To apply, please fill out an official application on our website. Visit this link to start your application today: https://gategourmet.avature.net/dulleschantilly
We require all employees to have flexibility for any shift time (see Union Information below) and you will have two consecutive days off each week. As you gain seniority on a quarterly basis, you will have opportunity to bid for preferred shifts.
- 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Benefits & Compensation
- Free hot, healthy meals daily.
- Free Parking and Uniforms provided.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance available.
- 401K with company matching.
- Starting pay is $13.72 per hour.
- Pay is weekly.
Daily Tasks & Expectations
- Arrive on time, ready to work.
- Load and unload equipment from the truck to the aircraft galley.
- Guiding the driver to various types of aircraft
- Follow all safety procedures and customer guidelines.
- Work as a member of a team to complete tasks efficiently and on time.
- Follow procedures and Gate Gourmet processes as outlined by your supervisor.
- Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Complete necessary paperwork each shift.
- Written, verbal and radio communication with supervisors and coworkers.
Job Duties & Requirements
- Highschool Diploma, GED or Equivalent.
- Current Driver’s License that is not suspended.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to handle exposure to extreme temperature changes and noise levels.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work at heights up to 25 feet.
- Stand, bend, lift, push, pull and move equipment and supplies up to fifty pounds (75 lbs.) for shifts of 8+ hours.
Our positions are represented by a labor Union and covered by one or more collective bargaining agreements. You will need to remain flexible in your shift and days off, as we may change your schedule when necessary to meet production needs, requirements of the industry, or to accommodate a shift bid in accordance with the union contract.
- Union initiation fee of $5.00 which is broken down into payments
- Monthly union dues of $33.05 deducted automatically from the first pay period each month.
- Union fees start 60 days after your first day on the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.