**Remote work is considered after completion of successful in-office training (90 - 120 days)**
General Summary: A nonexempt position, responsible for providing triage (sorting/prioritizing patients) telephone service to ensure prompt identification of patients with high-risk conditions.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Talks directly to patients on the telephone and then directs them to emergency rooms (ER) or urgent care centers or to see their physician during office hours.
2. Performs short evaluation of the patient situation to estimate severity of illness and/or injury including learning about chief complaint and, as possible, obtaining vital sign and mental status information.
3. Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and on familiarity with a patient’s condition and history. Confers with physician as needed.
4. Sends those with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ER immediately or arranges for ambulance. May provide appropriate home health advice to those patients who do not need to go directly to the ER.
5. Sets up appointments for patients who do not need to go to ER but need to see a physician or arranges for an appointment scheduler to make the appointment.
6. Acts, when designated, in “Ask a Nurse” capacity, handling routine information requests from patients.
Education: High school diploma. Graduation from an approved practical nursing program. On-the-job training in triage.
Experience: Minimum three years of clinical LPN experience; one to two years of telephone triage experience, in medical practice setting, preferably Gastrointestinal.
GANV strives to provide exceptional, compassionate, and comprehensive care to our patients and supports a healthy work-life balance for our employees.
Check out our website www.myganv.com
Gastroenterology Associates of Northern Virginia
Why Work Here?Gastroenterology Associates of Northern Virginia (GANV) is a large gastroenterology practice, providing a wide range of GI services to the Northern Virginia area. We are comprised of 4 office locations and have a strong hospital inpatient and outpatient presence. We currently are comprised of 17 physicians and 8 mid-level providers. We are looking for hard-working and compassionate employees to join our organization! GANV strives to provide exceptional, compassionate, and comprehensive care to our patients and supports a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Check out our website www.myganv.com
Strong leadership, great benefits & value professional growth!