We are a large gastroenterology practice, providing a wide range of GI services to the Northern Virginia area. We are comprised of 4 office locations and have a strong hospital inpatient and outpatient presence. We currently are comprised of 17 physicians and 8 mid-level providers and would like to expand our practice by considering more physician assistant applicants. We are looking for hard-working and compassionate physician assistants to join our practice.
GANV strives to provide exceptional, compassionate, and comprehensive care to our patients and supports a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Benefits include but are not limited to: a competitive salary, annual bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance and 3-weeks paid vacation to start.
Job Title: Certified Physician Assistant
Immediate Supervisor Title: Physician Assistant Lead and Physician-Led Committee
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: none
General Summary: An exempt position responsible for practicing medicine with physician supervision including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions. The position is scheduled in both medical office and hospital shifts. Within physician–physician assistant (PA) relationship, PAs exercise autonomy in medical decision making and provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. May have responsibility for education, research, and administrative services.
Master’s degree and successful completion of an accredited physician assistant program.
Two (2) years of health care experience prior to applying to the PA program, plus one year of experience as PA, preferably in gastroenterology. Prior experience with inpatient care preferred, although not required.
- National certification from the National Commission on Certification of PAs. To maintain their national certification, PAs must log 100 hours of continuing medical education every two years and sit for a re-certification every six years.
· Current Virginia Physician Assistant License, NCCPA Board Certification, ACLS & BLS certification
1. Understanding how to use an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to maintain accurate patient documentation.
2. Understanding of MIPS requirements.
3. Knowledge of principles of quality standards to achieve high patient satisfaction.
1. Strong analytical talents to ensure accurate patient diagnoses and implementation of patient care plans.
2. Solid interpersonal skills – “soft skills” – communicate clearly and compassionately with patients and colleagues.
3. Focused and attention to detail.
1. Ability to quickly adapt to different environments – hospital versus outpatient clinic.
2. Ability to manage time effectively.
3. Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
Work Environment: Medical office and hospital. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions related to the clinic setting.
To learn more about our practice, please visit www.myganv.com