Gary Motors Inc Lodi, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gary Motors Inc // Vantage Auto Wholesale is looking for an EXPERIENCED CFO/Controller to join our team.
Seeking someone with experience who is looking for a STABLE job who thrives in an entrepreneurial culture. Candidate will be the right-hand to the dealer principal and will be responsible for day-to-day operations, cash flow management and strategic initiatives.
-In business since 1981. Family owned and operated. Laid back work environment
-Most vehicles are wholesaled at auction, some vehicles sold retail
The CFO/Controller provides sales and expense analyses for all departments. Fairly represents the financial condition of the dealership, develops controls necessary for the proper conduct of the business, and maintains accurate records. This position interacts daily with the VP of the company, Sales Associates, Service Managers, support staff and customers, just to name a few.
The CFO/Controller is a key position that reports to the VP of the company. The CFO/Controller supports the entire accounting function and financial reporting for our dealership. This position will work closely with management and other departments to help ensure harmonious and productive operations, which will help maximize the success of the dealerships. Successful Candidates must be able to maintain excellent business relations with customers, both internally and externally. Candidates will also be expected to help develop and motivate accounting associates to ensure that performance metrics are being met or exceeded.
Other essential responsibilities:
· Prepare complete financial statements and submit to the manufacture and management in accordance with established timeframes
· Interpret and analyze financial statements
· Keep the VP informed on the trends and cash needs of the business
· Develop and maintain an effective cash management system
· Manage the day to day accounting operations of the store to ensure that all transactions are recorded in compliance with dealership accounting processes and policies, including contracts-in-transit, accounts receivable and purchaser loan payoffs
· Close the books accurately each month
· Prepare and submit required statements and reports
· Manage and safeguard the stores assets and ensure that internal controls are in place
· Assist department managers in reading and interpreting their financial reports and in creating action plans needed to improve their operation
· Respond to request for information and assistance in a timely manner
· Work with Owner to improve revenue or reduce expense in order to meet or exceed budget and grow the business
· Provide ownership with accurate weekly reports on the financial condition of the dealerships
· Work with staff to ensure that corporate initiatives are attained
· Ability to communicate well with Auto Lenders
· Bachelors degree in Accounting
· Three years of experience in a dealership position (preferred)
· Working knowledge of dealership financial statements
· Ability to explain technical financial information in an understandable manner
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
Related keywords: controller, accounting, accounting manager, accountant, finance, director of finance
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Dealership Operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Gary Motors IncWhy Work Here?
Great work environment, Flexible schedule, paid time off, opportunity to grow with company. Access to almost limitless, incredible inventory
Gary Motors Inc / Vantage Auto Wholesale is a family owned dealership group with four locations in NJ. Our main business focuses on the wholesale side of the business, where we handle in excess of 2,000 vehicles annually. Our newest flagship location is in Moonachie NJ where we will be offering a new type of indoor retail experience housing our highest end vehicles and a full reconditioning center. Our company is lead by the founders son who is an innovative and out of the box thinking entrepreneur always ensuring our company remains ahead of the competition. A fast paced and energetic environment is what one should expect here
81 ROUTE 46 WESTLodi, NJ