CPA Firm Audit Staff
Gary McGee & Co. is a highly specialized, independent accounting firm that works exclusively with nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations, and their donors. We are based in Portland, Oregon and provide audit, tax, accounting and advisory services to nonprofit clients throughout the U.S. and to many of Oregon’s best known and most respected public and private tax-exempt institutions. As a full-service, multi-disciplinary firm, we are organized to support our nonprofit clients in every stage of the accounting, financial reporting, and tax cycles. We have a professional staff of 17, representing the preeminent group of accountants serving nonprofit organizations in the Northwest.
We are currently looking for a full-time Associate — a CPA or CPA-candidate — with proven excellence in accounting and an interest in nonprofit organizations. Primary responsibilities include the execution of the day-to-day activities of audit and tax engagements of various clients.
· A BA or BS accounting degree from an accredited college/university
· Have passed the CPA exam or are eligible to sit for the CPA exam
· Some audit experience in public accounting and/or an accounting background in nonprofit organizations a plus
· A working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting procedures
· The ability to nurture effective relationships with client counterparts, and to earn a client’s trust through responsiveness, reliability and know-how
· Strong organizational, client service and leadership skills
· Able to function both independently and in a team environment
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package.