Garrison Hughes is looking for a full-time Manager, Marketing and Communications to work exclusively with our client at UPMC. As a Manager, Marketing and Communications, you will develop and implement strategic marketing plans to external audiences for UPMC community hospitals, track and analyze plan performance, including managing the budget, and ensuring that all materials reflect brand identity, and serve as liaison with internal clients.
Educational and Knowledge Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field required. Master's with a concentration in Business preferred. Minimum of 5 years experience in Marketing or Communications. Project Management experience. Experience providing clients with strategic marketing counsel. Proven written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate scientific/medical information to a lay person's understanding. Experience and knowledge of traditional and digital marketing best practices. Experience in an academic medical center, hospital or health care industry is preferred. Travel throughout the Pittsburgh area to community hospitals will be required for this position.
· Act as a role model for service excellence toward patients, visitors, faculty and staff.
· Collaborate on research efforts and use data to target clinical marketing efforts.
· Demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers.
· Develop and execute marketing strategy to support hospitals/ business units, clinical services and overall business goals.
· Develop and implement targeted marketing communication strategies for 6 or more clinical services to support the organization's enterprise-wide objectives and business goals.
· Develop methods to evaluate communications projects based on effectiveness and cost/benefits and document the results.
· Implement strategic marketing communication plans for programs by managing multi-faceted projects in all applicable traditional and digital channels with the goal of maintaining and growing market share (KPIs and ROI).
· Manage the research, writing, design budget, and production of any marketing materials.
· Monitor project budgets, handle approvals and other client relations and take responsibility for accuracy and effectiveness of information communicated.
· Serve as clinical marketing/communications counselor (consultant) to internal UPMC clients.