General Duties: Responsible for the efficient financial operation of the firm in the areas of budgeting, reporting, retirement plan, expense reporting, and tax preparation for the firm's third-party CPA.
- Manage the firm's accounts receivable and accounts payable staff.
- Reconcile the firm's banking accounts.
- Manage the firm's IOLTA account and provide reporting, when needed.
- Preparing all Year End 1099s.
- Generate and format multiple monthly and quarterly reports in Excel from the firm's accounting database.
- Review, quality check and finalize monthly payroll for processing by firm's third-party payroll administrator.
- Prepare year-end reports for annual board meetings with respect to expenses, profit, staffing, etc.
- Coordinate preparation of Form 5500 with the firm's retirement plan provider.
- Calculate and submit payment for the firm's annual retirement contribution.
- Serve as liaison between the firm's retirement plan provider and employees to answer questions or assist with distributions.
- Prepare financial reports for loan requests.
- Reconcile monthly expense reports.
- Administer company policy, programs or procedures as directed
- Perform additional duties as directed by the firm's managing officer, shareholders or administrator
- Lead research efforts related to payable/receivable issues.
- Provide information to upper management and external entities as directed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4 year bachelor's degree in business/accounting
- Extensive experience and knowledge in corporate accounting
- 5+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Experience managing one or more team members
- High level Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, macros)
Garrett Hemann Robertson P.C.
Why Work Here?For over 90 years, Garrett Hemann Robertson P.C. has been dedicated to serving public and private entities, professionals and families statewide. Our client service teams specialize in advising public entities and businesses on employment issues, business transactions, and real estate matters; navigating families through domestic relations and estate planning challenges; defending doctors, lawyers and other professionals; and representing clients in court.
Excellent training and mentorship, and a great place to work and grow.