This position is responsible for responding to routine employee benefit questions, processing vendor payments, maintaining computerized records, notifying payroll of benefit deductions and administering the firm’s transportation program. In addition, responsibilities include handling Workers Compensation Claims, and preparing and distributing reports requested by the Benefits Department and Financial Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains employee and partner benefit enrollment and changes in the Human Resources Information System.
· Maintain department files, including filing all information on active, retired and terminated partners, associates and employees, as well as departmental and business insurance filing.
· Handles Tax Saver retiree reimbursements, prepares Census reports, updates Vision Service Plan changes and maintains exception sheet to verify payroll deduction and reimbursements to be sent to Payroll Department. Drafts letters and manages expectations for Retirees transitioning to Medicare.
· Administers firm parking program, assigning and managing staff moves and inquiries related to parking.
· Coordinates Transit Pass Program for the national offices, including ordering and distributing Q-Cards and Woodlands bus passes, verifying and paying invoices and handling employee issues as they arise.
· Prepares monthly vendor payments, including reconciling the number of enrollments, levels of coverage, amounts of coverage and requesting payment. Sends monthly allocation to payroll for processing.
· Initiates and verifies payroll and dividend deductions for insurance plans and transit passes.
· Prepares documentation, spreadsheets and reports for the various benefits-related projects and processes.
· Updates the firm’s intranet with policies, forms, rates and links.
· Processes donation requests for condolences.
· Requests enrollment packages for individual disability policies.
· Assists with events for the department.
· Prepares monthly and weekly reports for Financial Services.
· Prepares and mails department correspondence.
· Drafts and submits Workers Compensation Claims firm-wide for team members with applicable incidents.
· Reviews weekly vendor reports for errors and correct them as needed.
· Processes Monthly HSA Distributions for partners and staff contributions.
· Updates and tracks all payments sent to the department for retiree benefits.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Two years of benefits’ experience, preferably in a law firm or other large professional services organization.
Special Knowledge: N/A
Technical Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel required; knowledge of Microsoft Word preferred.
Attributes: Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interface easily with all levels of attorneys and employees.