Garmin has an incredible range of products. Our watches and handheld devices focus on active users and help drive Garmin's $3B business. Along with those devices, Garmin has mobile apps and websites that provide users with a rich experience above and beyond what our devices provide. Our Device Interaction services platform processes up to 30,000 requests per second from Garmin wearables and our application ecosystem.
We are looking for a Software Engineer at our Olathe, KS office. We're looking for strong technologists who enjoy working on cross-functional teams and are passionate about what they do. Some responsibilities are:
- Developing API's, which are scalable, supportable, and reliable that service the entire Garmin ecosystem.
- Participating in the full lifecycle of development from conception, analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment, and use Garmin and Third Party Developer APIs to support innovative features
- Working with developers across the globe on cutting edge technologies including microservices and containers
- Working in an agile environment delivering code frequently to production, so you get to see what you build in action quickly
- Working on a platform that has a positive impact on millions of end user wellness and fitness wellbeing
- Working in an ecosystem that you likely use on a daily basis
- Delivering cutting edge features
- Working on big scalability challenges that lend to looking at new technologies and ways of doing things
- Working on silicon valley technology from the comfort of KC!
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or another relevant engineering/technical field AND a minimum of 5 year relevant experience OR Master of Science Degree in any of the fields noted above AND a minimum of 3 years relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience plus a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule. Qualified candidates will also demonstrate proficiency with:
- Basic server design and debugging experience
- Strong java skills and Spring experience.
- Ability to turn feature requests into technical designs
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently while also collaborating in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with REST
- Understanding of relational data fundamentals. Experience with big data and Elasticsearch is also a plus.
- Experience with test tools like JUnit, JMeter, etc.
- Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience with Rabbit MQ and/or Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with continuous deployment patterns
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family's preferences.
In addition, Garmin's financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, age or disability.