JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Nursing Union: Non-Union
BASIC FUNCTION: This position is created for the support of the Director of Nursing Services.
This position performs general office work. Coordination of various clerical duties. Responsible for administrative/clerical work for the office as assigned, may include departmental file systems. Maintain appointment/calendar and day-to-day schedule. Direct dissemination of information, memoranda, reports, etc., to clinic personnel and to various other designated agencies has requested by the DON Maintain accurate minutes of related meetings as needed. Will directly assist DON with any licensing process, forms and purchase requests for any mandated fees. To have completed records for credentialing for nursing department. As directed by DON will initiate Purchase Request forms completed with details to assure readiness to submit to accounting department
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain orderly files
2. Orderliness of immediate work area and overall office appearance
3. Care of office machines and their operation
4. Responsible for completing office supply orders under direction of supervisor
5. Create forms perform daily data entry as needed
6. Take meeting minutes as needed
8. Create and keep up to date various spreadsheets
9. Gather research (usually via internet) as requested
10. Maintain confidentiality at all times
11. Interact in a professional and polite manner with all personnel
12. Will understand that all decisions regarding nursing will be the direct responsibilities of the Director of Nursing.
13. Working with Director of Nursing to develop, revise and organize all protocols under the umbrella of nursing.
14. Assure that the protocols are reviewed by the Director of Nursing prior to releasing to other clinic sites.
15. Will take meeting minutes as directed by DON.
16. Will keep records of in-service training.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing Services (DON)
SUPERVISION GIVEN: None.
Experience in business or healthcare administration or related field. Demonstrated proficient computer ability including – but not limited to: programs such as Microsoft Office – Word – Excel, various E-mail programs e.g. Explorer.
Handles office equipment and supplies. Finger hand dexterity and eye coordination in typing and operating office machines and computer equipment.
Proficiency in good English grammar / writing skills is required -Preferred. Close attention to details for short periods under conditions of frequent interruptions. Good judgment in telephone conversations, conversations with staff and visitors. Courtesy and cooperation in dealing with patients, visitors and staff members as well as the public. Ability to search internet to obtain resource materials.
It is the policy of Gardner Family Health Network to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.