Merchandising Assistant Buyer
Gardens Alive! Dedham, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Overview – The Merchandising Assistant Buyer will support the merchandising team in all aspects of product development, product compliance, and quality assurance and product selection. Product categories include puzzles, toys, games, outdoor garden décor, home décor, bedding, accent and solar lighting, novelty apparel, apparel, jewelry, housewares, books and accent furniture. Sale vehicles include mail order catalog, organic web, Google, Amazon, Walmart, eBay and Wayfair.
Job Responsibilities - Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Work cross functionally with merchandising, domestic and international vendors, domestic and internal warehouses, US customs broker, and international agents
- Support administrative tasks related to product development, inventory, customer service, marketplace needs, product compliance, duty rates, and quality assurance
- Participate in new product spread sheet maintenance/review as well as product review presentations
- Develop and maintain market awareness and in-depth knowledge of the product categories and attributes including documentation, packaging, labeling and testing in worldwide marketplaces
- Evaluate existing processes for efficiency opportunities and produce new processes
- Drive customer satisfaction by monitoring, accessing and improving product quality
- Request and file required testing documents and product related regulatory information
- Prepare and file product and sales information for bedding law label requirements
- Working with merchandising team to further develop product compliance strategies and improve development and test processes so that defects do not arise when the product is being produced
- Maintaining the quarterly royalty report. Working closely with the creative and accounting teams to initiate the artist and inventor licensing payment process
- Research and maintain file on duty rates for US and UK customs and request refunds regarding sanctions and exclusions.
Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Full Time/Non-exempt/Permanent position
- Previous product merchandising experience, 2 year desired
- International experience a plus but will consider domestic experience with strong skills
- Systems and Computer savvy (MS Office, Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and attention to detail skills preferred
- Strong communication (written & verbal), presentation and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a schedule-driven and multi-tasking environment
- Candidate must focus on both process oriented and product-oriented tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree recommended
- Domestic and International travel required including trade shows, testing labs, factories
Bits and Pieces is a gift catalog subsidiary of Gardens Alive! a major U.S. mail order conglomerate. Bits and Piece’s family of brands includes the industry leaders Bits and Pieces, Bits and Pieces Canada, Bits and Pieces UK, and Spilsbury. We are seeking a Product Merchandising Assistant to join our merchandising team based in our Dedham, MA office.
980 Washington StreetDedham, MA
RetailView all jobs at Gardens Alive!