Director of Logistics and Distribution Center
Gardeners Supply Company Burlington, VT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the team at Gardener’s Supply Company
We are a 100% employee-owned company and an award winning and nationally recognized socially responsible business. We work hard AND offer a fun place to work including BBQs, staff parties, employee garden plots and much more! We also offer strong cultural values, competitive wages and outstanding benefits!
Responsible for efficiently running all parts of our Distribution Center(s) while hitting service level goals. Creates a strong employee culture and implements best practices through systems, processes and employee involvement.
- Coordinate all warehouse functions--Fulfillment, Quality Assurance, Product Assembly, Ship Alones and Material Handling--to assure a tight working team that produces a high level of service to our customers and the proper care and custody of our inventory, and to plan and oversee all facility space changes and upgrades.
- Oversee manager/supervisors who manage the day-to-day operations of our seasonal business with multiple shifts ensuring the accurate and rapid fulfillment of customer orders.
- Responsible for budgeting all DC costs including labor, facility, education, capital, packing materials and supplies.
- Ability to adjust labor quickly to variable order flows labor.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for warehouse technology stack, including warehouse ERP and shipping solutions.
- Provide increasing levels of customer service while finding efficiencies to reduce costs per order.
- Encourage strong teamwork and employee involvement and inputs.
- Implement ideas for facility and space planning to maximize efficiencies.
- Control and oversee the flow of inventory and packing materials including all in and out-of-house warehousing and assure accurate inventory counts.
- Responsible for outbound shipping contracts and the accuracy of the bills.
- Maintain open communications with all necessary departments and any new venture that requires fulfillment.
- Push for continuous improvement throughout the facility while hitting service and accuracy goals.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional partners to create functional business processes and positive communication streams.
- Set and adhere to all policy standards.
- Maintain working knowledge of all warehouse equipment, including forklifts, conveyors, elevators.
- Maintain basic knowledge of facility needs including alarm system, heat and air systems, ventilation systems and plumbing.
- Provide a safe work environment through equipment, policy education and procedures.
- Act as member of the Leadership Team participating and giving input on company direction, policies and customer service.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that fosters and sustains successful relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as requested or required.
- Lead the team by managing stressful situations with positive and data driven solutions.
- Have the ability to help where needed and repair equipment as required.
- Model and lead enthusiasm for the AGR/GSC history, culture, mission, and operating principles.
- 10+ years of experience in ERP functionality, Warehouse Management Systems, payroll processing and MS Office Suite.
- Excellent problem-solving and management skills equivalent to those usually acquired in achieving a bachelor’s level of study with 10 years of warehousing experience preferably in the Direct/Ecommerce/Retail environment.
- 3-5 years of Direct/Ecommerce business distribution experience in a $75+ million company.
- Experience being the leader and decision maker of ERP needs for system adds/upgrades.
- Experience with fulfillment expansion and design of new space.
- Experience implementing new Warehouse Management Systems and the necessary change management leadership needed to lead the team through change.
- Experience integrating and implementing 3PL warehouse fulfillment.
- Experience in an omni channel company with Direct/Ecommerce and Retail
- Experience with FIFO and other fulfillment best practices
- Experience negotiating freight contracts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent people and organizational skills with the ability to lead, motivate and resolve conflict.
- Strong analytical skills for budgeting, planning and finding efficiencies in processes and products.
- Ability to prioritize and satisfy multiple and complex demands in a timely, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Ideal, but not required, experience with Fulfillment by Amazon and/or other marketplaces (Target/Walmart)
Click APPLY below to submit your resume and be considered today!!
Gardeners Supply Company
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Gardeners Supply Company