Gardena Convalescent Center is a 24-hour skilled nursing facility conveniently located in a safe, residential neighborhood near Memorial Hospital of Gardena. Our 74-bed private and semi-private room facility is surrounded by beautiful gardens and enclosed patios, which add to the warm, homelike setting.
We are seeking a Director of Staff Development LVN with nursing home experience.
A nurse having good rapport with staff, guests and family members with excellent verbal skills, good customer service standards.
- Plan, develop, direct, evaluate, and coordinate educational and on-the-job training programs.
- Provide leadership in formulating the goals and objectives of the in-service educational programs of this facility.
- Develop, evaluate and control the quality of in-service educational programs in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Secure, develop and maintain records, reports, instructional manuals, reference materials, etc., pertinent to in-service educational programs.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, class attendance and subject records, etc.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the administrator concerning in-service training programs.
Must be able to monitor resident progress and identifies any changes in status, acting on those changes to insure resident comfort and safety, use critical thinking in emergencies, comply with all facility policy and procedures.
Licenses and Certifications Required: Current CA vocational nurse license
Must be DSD Certified
Educational Requirements: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Experience Requirements: nursing home experience
Special Skills or Training Requirements:
Good organizational and interpersonal skills; C.P.R. certified.
Must possess skills in leadership and communication.