Position Purpose & Summary
Reporting to Director of Front Office, the Valet/ Bellman will be the first impression for all guests and members and extend a warm welcome as they assist guests with valeting vehicles, assist with luggage, shuttle guests, and touring during both arrival and departure, while also answering general inquiries about the property.
- Opens front doors for all arriving and departing individuals and greets appropriately.
- Assists guests with luggage and familiarizes them with their room and the resort.
- Works as shuttle driver when scheduled or as needed.
- Provides directions to in-house guests and members.
- Delivers all messages, packages and amenities promptly and accurately.
- Maintains an orderly and clean luggage storage room, lobby and front entrance.
- Remains in the lobby, ready to assist guests and co-workers at any time with any requests or concerns they may have.
- Acquires all necessary arrival and departure information from the front desk.
- Safely parks guest and member cars and ensures key security standards are followed.
- Communicates arrival, departure, venue, and hotel information to guess and members.
- Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services.
- Gives recommendations of local dining and activities as requested.
- Assists front desk in taking reservations for hotel outlets and services.
- Review arrival report daily.
- Assist in Front Desk Agent duties and PBX incoming calls and resort reservations as needed.
- Ensures that proper telephone manners are always maintained, treating every guest with courtesy and respect in a warm friendly manner and addressing the guest by name.
- Assists with service recovery as needed in order to ensure that guest issues are resolved before a guest leaves property.
- Maintains calm and professional disposition in challenging or fast paced environment.
- Adapts well to change.
- Deliver "I Am Proud" service standards and department-specific signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among teammates that are consistent and complete.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with "I Am Proud" standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is "Enriching by Nature."
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and commitments.
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club's brand, culture, vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what matters most.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized and professional work environment.
- Minimum Knowledge & Skills: Requires basic employment skills in clerical, service, or manual areas.
- Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma. Some experience with valet / bell person duties though not required, would beneficial.
- License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Valid Driver's License required (minimum of three years)
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily - Communicate with Front Desk Agents, Concierge, Valet, Sales and Catering, and Housekeeping regarding reservations needs
- Weekly - Communicate with Concierge, Front Office and Sales Departments to ensure upcoming reservations needs are communicated
- Occasionally - Participate in one-on-one coaching sessions.
Teamwork and Collaboration: This position requires continuous teamwork as well as internal and cross-departmental communication.
Additional Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
Valid Driver's License
Food Protection Manager Certification
Food Handler Certification
Alcohol Server/Seller Certification
Pushing / Pulling
Lifting / Carrying:
10 lbs. or less
11 to 25 lbs.
26 to 50 lbs.
51 to 70 lbs.
Fine Motor Skills
Gross Motor Skills
Eye / Hand Coordination
Environmental factors may include indoor setting with overhead lighting and comfortable ventilation. Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations. May occasionally be called upon to work in all areas of the property, both inside and outside, possibly in inclement weather.
Working Closely with Others
Excessive Cold / Heat
Excessive Humidity / Dampness
Noise / Vibrations
Working Above Ground
Working Below Ground
Working with Chemicals / Detergents / Cleaners
Working Around Fumes / Smoke / Gas
Walking on Uneven Surfaces
Operating Motorized Equipment or Vehicles
Working Around/Near Machinery/Motorized Equipment
Climbing on Scaffolds or Ladders
Continuous use with a Computer and Keyboard
Garden of the Gods Resort and ClubColorado Springs, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.