Construction Project Manager - Outdoor construction including Pool, Pool houses, Pergolas, Decks, Grading, Walls, Landscapes, Paving etc.
Garden View Landscape Nursery & Pools - Pasadena, CA
We are seeking a top-notch Project Manager for our world class, award winning outdoor construction company. See the caliber and type of projects we design/build here:
Salary $40,000.00 to $100,000.00 plus? subject to experience and capabilities
Garden View Landscape Nursery and Pools is an award-winning Outdoor Construction, Landscape Maintenance and Wholesale and Retail Nursery Company. In business for 41 years. Winner of over 100 Awards from the California Landscape Contractors Association Including Best in State, Best design Build in State and many Sweepstakes awards (Best of all entries).
Our team consists of quality people that revel in the pride of great craftsmanship, being the best at what they do and enjoy working in the "Spirit of Constant Improvement."
We are also seeking an assistant Project manager to help project managers and learn the ropes to becoming a project manager or designer with high level field experience. Looking for motivated Masons who love the art of the work. We build beautiful artistic quality projects.
The Project Manager reports to the President of the company and is responsible for all aspects of the administration and installation of large or specialty landscape projects in the Pasadena Area. The successful candidate must have Construction Management experience (Landscape Construction experience a plus but not absolutely necessary as we have experts in all fields). These responsibilities include supervising field personnel, managing subcontractors, overseeing projects to substantial completion and through the warranty period, communicating with customers and project designers, maintaining quality standards and ensuring safety procedures are being followed. Their duties also include setting up projects, reporting weekly and monthly, preparing weekly billings. The Project Manager coordinates with the Production Manager and fellow Project Managers to schedule manpower and equipment resources.
Project Managers are also responsible for:
* Managing Installation Foremen to ensure that all construction services are delivered according to contract specifications, on budget, according to schedule and with a high standard of quality.
*Use High level intuitive Construction Management Software to coordinate and manage multiple projects
* Managing cost reports, analyzing budget variances and recommending strategies to lower project costs; reviewing labor quantities and phases to facilitate accurate project tracking
* Ensuring timely and accurate monthly job billings
* Assisting in the preparation of change orders and coordinating billings with office administrative management team
* Serving as the main point of contact to customer on project installation issues
* Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting Company culture
* Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Experience in construction industry
*Landscape construction experience a plus- not mandatory
-Planting experience helpful a plus - not mandatory
-Swimming pool construction experience a plus -not mandatory
-Pool house, pergola and general construction experience helpful
* Strong work ethic
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
*Ability to read and flow plans and details
* Customer service experience
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus - not mandatory
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 3 years
- Construction Project Management: 3 years
- Landscaping: 3 years a plus
- Project Management: 3 years
- Spanish/English a plus
- Detail Oriented