Fleet Shop Mechanic - Pittstown, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Garden State Growers is a family-owned greenhouse and outdoor production operation on over 500 acres specializing in the growth and distribution of wholesale perennials, annuals, ground cover, vegetables, and varied seasonal offerings. We serve large retailers who sell plants in sizable quantities, as well as garden centers, supermarkets and small retail businesses.
Garden State Growers is looking for a skilled Fleet Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair farm equipment and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring the functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems. An excellent mechanic must have the ability to troubleshoot any issues that may arise, stay on task, meet sensitive deadlines and have great attention to detail. You must be able to work with various machines, show initiative and follow all safety precautions.
- Perform major and minor repairs on all entire fleet of equipment (cars, pickup trucks, vans, box trucks, flatbed trucks, tractors, earth movers, tuggers, carts, lawn mowers, trailers, compressors, generators, fork lifts, etc.).
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Tire repair, as needed.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Keep equipment and tools clean and well organized.
- Communicate well with varying departments.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Proven experience as Mechanic.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components.
- Must have own basic tools.
- Strong background in automotive electronics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license - CDL a plus, but not required.
- Fast learner (will receive on-the-job training, as needed).
- Basic phone and computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during peak season.
Competitive Pay Rate
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Sick time
- Vacation time - after 1 year of employment
- Participation in company 401(k) plan after 1 year of employment
Garden State Growers
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?