WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS RECRUITMENT.
- Assists journey-level painters, tile setters, and glaziers.
- Uses electric and gas sprayers, brushes and rollers to assist painters in applying paint, enamel, varnish, or other protective finishes to interior and exterior surfaces.
- Scrapes, sands, and patches surfaces in preparation for painting.
- Erects, dismantles, and/or moves scaffolding and platforms.
- Disposes of used rags, solid waste from thinner, and empty containers in accordance with current government guidelines and district policies.
- Covers objects and masks to protect them for painting.
- Cleans department tools and other equipment.
- Assists in making routine and emergency repairs to buildings and facilities.
- Assists in repairing windows.
- Assists in installing and repairing flooring.
- Repairs, paints, refinishes, and maintains desks, chairs, and other furniture.
- Drives to various district sites to pickup or deliver materials and/or equipment.
LICENSE: Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver License and remain insurable at the standard insurance market rate.
- Basic maintenance techniques.
- Tools, methods, and materials used in the painting, flooring, and glazing trades.
- Safety practices.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Drive equipment to and from work sites.
- Safely operate waterblaster, electric sander, scissor lift, and boom lift.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Read and write English at a level required for satisfactory performance.
- Learn to assemble, work from, move, and dismantle scaffolding and platform ladders.
- Climb and work standing, using arms and hands for extended periods of time.
- Learn proper techniques for preparing and painting a variety of surfaces.
- Learn proper techniques for installing and repairing flooring.
- Learn proper techniques for glazing.
- Lift, stoop, climb, and exert considerable physical effort.
Applications will be accepted from the general public and district employees who possess the above qualifications. The district reserves the right to invite applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the requirements needed for the position to continue in the examination process. The examination may consist of an evaluation of training and experience, multiple choice, performance, and oral/technical exams. Persons needing reasonable accommodation must notify the Office of Personnel Services by the last day to file. A qualifying score must be achieved on all portions of the examination in order to be placed on the open eligibility list. Outside and district candidates will be placed on one ranked list, with eligible permanent district employees receiving five seniority points which will be added to their final scores.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must be completed on our website at www.ggusd.us. Please note that the district office will not be giving out or accepting hard copy applications for those recruitments that are online only. Please read each posting carefully or call our office if you have any questions. All applications should be received by the Personnel Commission Office by 5:00 p.m. on the last day to file.
VETERAN'S CREDIT: Veterans shall have an additional five (5) points added to their final percentage score on an open eligibility list as prescribed by Education Code, Section 45296. "Veteran" as used in this article means any person who has served in the United States armed forces in time of war, or national emergency declared by the President of the United States of America, and who has been discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable. "Armed forces" means the United States Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard. At least thirty (30) days of active service are required to obtain veteran preference points.
Disabled veterans shall have an additional ten (10) points added to their final percentage score on an open eligibility list as prescribed by Education Code, Section 45296. A "disabled veteran" as used in this article means any veteran who is currently declared by the United States Veterans Administration to be ten percent (10%) or more disabled as a result of service in the Armed Forces of the United States. Proof of disability shall be deemed conclusive if it is of record in the United States Veterans Administration.
Additional eligibility may be granted based on future changes to the law and verification from the Veteran's Administration or the United States Office of Personnel Management.
In order to obtain credit, the applicant shall furnish satisfactory proof of qualifying military service prior to establishment of the eligibility list. No adjustment of rank on the list shall be made when such proof is presented thereafter.
A veteran may be credited veterans' preference points only to obtain initial employment in the district. Thereafter, the only additional points for an open examination shall be seniority points granted in accord with section 4220.3(C)2.
HIRING PROCEDURES: Garden Grove is a merit system (civil service) school district. Employment and promotions are based upon merit, fitness and qualifications. The person selected to fill any regular position will be from among the top three ranks on the eligibility list approved by the Personnel Commission. All regular employees will serve a six (6) month probation.
EXAMINATION FOR TUBERCULOSIS: Proof of freedom from active tuberculosis must be furnished prior to employment and must be based upon an intradermal Mantoux tuberculin skin test completed within the last 60 days.
FINGERPRINTING: All new employees will be fingerprinted.
BENEFITS: All classified employees receive the following:
- Up to 22 paid vacation days per year
- Up to 14 paid holidays per year
- Up to 12 sick leave days per year with unlimited accumulation
- Social Security coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for the employee
- family Life Insurance for the employee
- Generous Retirement Plan (CalPERS)
9701.89 (Revised: 10/19)
Employment Type: Full-Time