Legal Assistant Paralegal
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60,000 to $65,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are looking for a legal assistant/paralegal to join our personal injury team. If you are committed to winning, maximizing client recovery, and improving our client’s quality of life, this is your place!
The successful candidate will possess and be responsible for the following:
- Provide administrative support to the lawyer to enhance law office effectiveness
- Communicating with clients, law offices, insurance adjusters, medical offices, and experts
- Assist in preparing for depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and trial
- Prepare and file complaints, motions, briefs, arbitration statements, prepare specials packages, discovery demands, answers to interrogatories, review discovery provided and summarize deposition testimony
- Compose e-mails and correspondence
- Monitor deadlines and be proficient in maintaining the law office calendar
- Prepare disbursement of settlement funds and request checks from the accounting department
- Answering inquiries from potential new clients
The successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- At least five years of working experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary in the personal injury area of law
- Familiarity with New Jersey e-courts and N.J. court rules and legal procedures.
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a law office
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office and Dropbox
- Fluency in the English and Spanish language, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Must be willing and able to work in a fast-paced office setting
Benefits include medical, vision, dental, FSA, life, long-term disability insurance, 401K plan match, and paid time off policy. Annual cost of living increases, bonuses, birthday lunches, holiday parties, and picnics. We have season tickets to the New Jersey Devils if you love hockey!
We take care of our clients they take care of us! If you want the make a difference, we want you!
Compassionate, Knowledgeable and Driven NJ Lawyers
The law firm Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq matches each New Jersey attorney with the needs of the client—a personalized approach we’ve found to be a win-win. Our NJ lawyers work as a team to provide expert legal representation for any and all legal matters. Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq is divided into departments by practice area. So if you’re injured at work or in a car crash, are buying a home or business or you are arrested, you can be confident knowing your case will be handled by a New Jersey attorney who has years of experience handling such matters. It’s a structure that gives us an edge over most other law firms in NJ.
During our initial one-on-one consultation, we’ll help you make the right decisions to resolve your specific legal matter. We use a common-sense approach to ensure effectiveness and affordability. At Garces, Grabler, LeBrocq, we have the resources you can expect of a large law firm, while providing the personal attention you deserve.
Garces, Grabler & LeBrocq
9 Kansas StreetNewark, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?