* Set up all new advertising accounts within same work day as received from advertising department.
* Input advertising contracts within same work day received from advertising department.
* Effectively communicate with advertising department on contract or set up errors.
* Responsible for close of AM PBS system.
* Transfer daily transient file into PBS and balance data to ATEX system.
* Match cash deposit slips to data from bank account.
* Update credit card spreadsheet with daily totals transmitted by circulation.
* Move all cash batches keyed into the Advertising system to g/l on daily basis.
* Assist Advertising staff with inquiries related to customers accounts.
* Responsible for all non-newsprint inventory costing and reconciliation.
* Responsible for all assigned journal entries at period end
* Responsible for all assigned balance sheet reconciliations.
* Serve as backup to Senior Staff Accountant.
* Serve as backup to Payroll.
* Special projects assigned by Accounting Mgr or Controller.
REQUIREMENTS OR SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
* College degree with a major in accounting preferred, although years experience in job cost accounting may be acceptable.
* Proficiency in microcomputer use (spreadsheets, word processing, data base utilities, Windows).
* Ability to perform with deadline pressure for month-end financial reporting, explanations and analysis.
* Ability to use Microsoft application software, PBS, Atex classified system, and People Soft systems.
* Ability to use 10-key adding machine, personal computer printer, copier and telephone system.
* Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external contacts listed below. Demonstrate high quality customer service traits.
* Must be available to work normal business office hours and available to work extended and/or unusual hours as situations dictate.
* Ability to input and retrieve data from computer
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled