Expired: 12 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Packaging and Distribution Worker will work at each workstation on all equipment in the packaging and distribution center. Person in this position performs various duties in preparing insert preprints for bulk delivery including loading preprints into the insert machine hopper feeder, loading completed bundles onto skids, and preparing inserts for delivery and cleaning insert area. Schedule will vary based on workload.
* Feed pre-prints into insert machine hopper neatly and accurately
* Monitor insert machine to reduce double inserts and/or skips so that all jackets have correct inserts
* Remove completed bundles, weighing 10 to 50 pounds, and stack neatly for next step in packaging delivery
* Perform general clean-up of papers, skids and debris that accumulate during the work shift
* Meet all deadlines and goals as set forth by the manager and/or shift coordinator
* Employees must have a high degree of safety awareness
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Tuscaloosa,AL 35401 USA
Get fresh Packaging Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Thanks for letting us know
Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams