* Order ad schedules accurately and ensure accurate billing.
* Assist with ad layouts, proofs to customers and payment obtainment.
* Handle routine questions from accounts and provide regular information updates.
* Assist sales representatives and managers as needed with other clerical duties such as typing invoices or proposals.
* Provide assistance to walk in/phone in advertising clients and serve as a back-up to our front desk receptionist.
* Process contracts and maintain proper organization of the department's records and files.
* Maintain and grow an active account list of clients that can be served via email and phone.
* This position also serves as a communication point between the accounting dept, ad traffic /graphics team and sales team.
* Must have excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
* Must be able to work independently and as a team member to attain common and individual goals.
* Problem solving skills required.
* Must have current driver's license with appropriate proof of insurance and reliable transportation.
* Must have computer proficiency, sharp skills.
* Must be able to type at 45 WPM accurately.
* Must have excellent spelling skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills in a deadline oriented environment.
* Previous sales experience preferred.
* High School graduate or equivalent required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled